Galaxy S5 email notification icon not working
My email notification icon (not in the notification panel at the top but the regular app icon) says I have unread messages when I don't. I have rebooted the phone and it is still there. Any ideas?
- 07-17-2014, 10:55 AM #2
- 07-17-2014, 11:14 AM #3
- 07-17-2014, 12:12 PM #4
- 10,498 Posts
Re: Galaxy S5 email notification icon not working
OK, are you using an Exchange Account by any chance? This happened to me once on this scenario:
1) I left on a trip for two weeks but couldn't take my tablet with me.
2) I turned the tablet ON before I left to check something, got e-mail notifications, dismissed them but NOT read the e-mails.
3) I checked e-mail on my phone while on my trip.
4) Got back home, and the e-mail app on my tablet claimed I had unread messages. Syncing wouldn't help, searching for the 'unread' messages wouldn't help, and they weren't showing up on my phone.
5) Turns out I had set my Inbox to sync for two weeks only, so for my tablet, those unread e-mails from two weeks prior, were still unread but the sync settings wouldn't sync the read status for them because they were more than two weeks old.
- By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2014, 10:31 AM
- By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2014, 12:09 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2014, 09:21 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2014, 09:16 AM