Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Data Usage HELP! Galaxy S5

I am new to AT&T, and have a new Galaxy S5. Since July 11th I have used 450MB of data. I don't watch videos, I don't stream music. I rarely browse the internet. WHY am I using so much data? I have my G-mail set up as pull only, and my FB updates set to every 4 hours. I do get on Facebook a good bit during the day. I do not have wifi at the workplace. Any suggestions? I'm so frustrated! It shows that FB is using most of my data.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: AT&T Data Usage HELP! Galaxy S5

Can you post your data usage from your phone? Facebook can use a good amount of data due to pictures so it really depends how often you use it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T Data Usage HELP! Galaxy S5-1405633464929.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Can you post your data usage from your phone? Facebook can use a good amount of data due to pictures so it really depends how often you use it.

AT&T Data Usage HELP! Galaxy S5-screenshot_2014-07-17-16-52-33.jpg

It looks like Facebook is the main one. The next is the app store. Ensure you have it only update via wifi.. Doing it over mobile will use a good amount of data. (see below).

Other than that 40 MB for Internet isn't that bad.. Depends on the pages and the number of images. I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

Facebook can use a lot due to all the pictures. In a months time my girlfriend checks Facebook so much she can use 2 GB on it alone... So just depends on how often you check it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T Data Usage HELP! Galaxy S5-1405634985185.jpg   AT&T Data Usage HELP! Galaxy S5-1405634996704.jpg   AT&T Data Usage HELP! Galaxy S5-1405635004424.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.