Change from pop3 to imap

dataz722

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
My company just recently switched from a pop3 email server to an imap server. Is there anyway to do this without losing the emails I already have on there?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My company just recently switched from a pop3 email server to an imap server. Is there anyway to do this without losing the emails I already have on there?

Loosing the emails on your phone, or do you mean still hosted on their server?

They have a responsibility to not let anything get lost in the transition.

And I have never had anything get lost on the phone either when switching to a different app.

Give Blue Mail a try, it will talk to both types of servers just fine. It is very fast and works just like a desktop pc.
It can be configured to only download the title, or just a snippit, or the whole email when it first talks to the servers.

I have it confgiured to just get the title, then when I click on an email it will download the message.

* Blue Mail - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play

dataz722

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The email server completely changed, we switched to a VPS actually. There was no way to transfer the existing emails that were hosted on the other server to the new one so unless there is a way to just change the setting on the existing account on my phone or set up a new one and then transfer the existing emails I am pretty sure I will lose them off my phone for good.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
forward all of those emails (if you can) to a temp email address.

or, use the S5's print capability to print them out.

First thing I would do is use Kies 3.0 and back them up for posterity on your PC, that way you can pull them back to review them later.

You don't say what email app you are using on the S5.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc