Alternatives to the FB app?

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I think you will find the same issue with all the social media apps. Twitter seems more reasonable but not sure that will work for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Other apps will use the same data. Even the mobile site would. It isn't the app.. More so what the app is loading such as tons of pictures. Unless you have Facebook syncing a ton.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
There really isnt a good alternative to the facebook app. You could use the mobile site and turn images off if you would like to save data. You could also turn off auto update for the facebook app so it will only update when you open it.

I would say however that you seem to be worrying unnecessarily. What kind of data cap do you have that this is such a problem?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I abhored anything to do with Facebook until this week.

I finally realized that I was loosing contact with a lot of very good friends from forums I frequent.

I succumbed and loaded FB on my cellphone.

So far, I have not been hurt by doing that except once. The day I installed it I just left everything "ON" just to see how bad FB is for trying to keep you sync'd up with all of your "best friends".

Well, in about 4 hours, it had pulled the battery down to 34%.

Okay, now it is time for me to fall back to my "Normal Mode" of using my cellphone.

Settings/apps/app mgr/download/Facebook
Turned Notifications OFF

Then I resumed my normal mode of putting my phone to sleep until the next time I want it.

I turned OFF the internet, period!!!

I have Battery Doctor installed and use their two Widgets to control the phone.

First, I close all apps.
2nd, I use BD's stop all running apps widget,
3rd, I use the Switcher Screen to turn off everything except for GPS (high accuracy mode) and rotation (for my camera pix)

The rest of it gets turned OFF each time before I click the Power Button.

I have my screen delay set to 10 minutes so that nevers shuts down during normal use. (what I call normal)

After I resumed "My Normal use" of the phone, my battery life went back to 2 days for normal use.
Or, if I turn on FB, or read CNN or BBC or leave the Google Maps on for 2 hours the battery will start draining at a moderate rate. Say down to 35% in about 10 hours?

But, I have a Qi Wireless charger installed and I just drop the phone on that charging pad when I get home from work. end of problem.

* Battery Doctor (Battery Saver) - Android Apps on Google Play

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' for $18.99

Battery Doctor Switcher window.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance