Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gallery

What is the path to the gallery? Looking to move some pictures here from other places.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Gallery

There is no path to Gallery--the system's Media Scanner scans the whole storage area for photos, and populates the Gallery app's database. So you could create a folder called "Funny Pictures" and fill it with photos, and they would appear in the Gallery.

The main directory for photos taken with the camera is /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    There is no path to Gallery--the system's Media Scanner scans the whole storage area for photos, and populates the Gallery app's database. So you could create a folder called "Funny Pictures" and fill it with photos, and they would appear in the Gallery.

The main directory for photos taken with the camera is /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera.
    Ok, that makes my life even easier. I'll create a new directory and fill that with folders if pictures. B.Diddy, where does Photo gets its pictures from? If I delete a photo from the Gallery it still remains in Photo. Again thanks for your help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Photos combines photos from local folders and your Google+ Photo albums in the cloud--that's if you're looking at the "All" or "Highlights" on the main screen. If you swipe in from the left and select "On Device," you'll see only locally stored photos. If you select "Albums," you'll see your Google+ Photo albums (from the cloud) in a more organized way.
    Thanked by: