Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't hear caller but they can hear me??

Hey, I've just had a phone call and I can't hear anything they were saying.. the line was just silent, but they could hear me. I thought it was the callers phone at first but when I tested it with another phone it was the same and the problem was clearly with my phone. I restarted the phone and it works fine again. I'm just a bit worried that this will happen again. Has anyone else had this problem or do you know what has caused it?

I have the Galaxy S5, only had it about 2 weeks.

Default Re: Can't hear caller but they can hear me??

I have had it happen a few times.

We just redial and all is well the 2nd time around.

It is not necessarily the S5 (or any) phone. The network does not always get sync'd up right and your audio path does not make it through.

The cellphone network is a far cry from being absolutely perfect. There is a huge amount of background stuff going on to connect 'A' to 'Z' and sometimes, "stuff happens".
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON

Global Posts
    7,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Galaxy View Post
    Hey, I've just had a phone call and I can't hear anything they were saying.. the line was just silent, but they could hear me. I thought it was the callers phone at first but when I tested it with another phone it was the same and the problem was clearly with my phone. I restarted the phone and it works fine again. I'm just a bit worried that this will happen again. Has anyone else had this problem or do you know what has caused it?

I have the Galaxy S5, only had it about 2 weeks.
    Can you reproduce the problem at will ?
    Has it occur frequently since you had your phone ?
    So I assume that when you restarted the phone,and it worked correct you was at the same location.
    If you can reproduce the issue at will,and the only way you can correct the issue is a reboot of phone.
    I would take it back to my carrier's store,so they can verify and advise,before rebooting the phone.

Maybe someone else has had the samething happen and will reply as well.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Can you reproduce the problem at will ?
    Has it occur frequently since you had your phone ?
    So I assume that when you restarted the phone,and it worked correct you was at the same location.
    If you can reproduce the issue at will,and the only way you can correct the issue is a reboot of phone.
    I would take it back to my carrier's store,so they can verify and advise,before rebooting the phone.

Maybe someone else has had the samething happen and will reply as well.
    I'm not sure what you mean producing it at will? It's the first time it has happened and it has been working since the reboot.

Thanks for your replies!

Global Posts
    7,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Galaxy View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean producing it at will? It's the first time it has happened and it has been working since the reboot.

Thanks for your replies!
    Basically what I meant was that you would have the issue anytime you made a phone call and it would take a reboot to correct the issue.
    I glad that hasn't been the case from reading your reply, and is working fine now.

As a side note I had the opposite thing happen to me a couple years ago.(with another phone) I could hear them but they couldn't hear me
    It only happened a couple of times and it would take a reboot to fixed it .I never did do anything since it was infrequent and stopped having that issue on its own.

Yah I had this issue a week ago I did the same thing just redial I had this issue on my Verizon iPhone 5

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 running Android L or Samsung galaxy S5
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ah okay I see what you mean. Well fingers crossed it stays working correctly... lol

I LOVE my Galaxy! Never going back to the iPhone!

I have a Note 4 and it happens to me all the time. I'm getting extremely frustrated. I power down my phone and it's okay for the next call but it continues to happen with calls after that. I shouldn't have to turn my phone off and on multiple times during the day.

Are any of you using a bluetooth device with your phones?

I used to have a lot of trouble with one way communications while using bluetooth.

but, that went away with 4.4.4 on Verizon, they fixed it.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON