Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PainFX
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multitasking Window

Is it possible to add other apps on the multitasking list?

From the looks, you can only add whatever it allows by default.

Also, is it possible to talk on the phone and text or browse the internet at the same time?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Multitasking Window

bump.......
    Jon Jackson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    Is it possible to add other apps on the multitasking list?
    To a small extent yes. Text apps, internet browsing apps, and email apps yes. But many other apps are a no. By default FB, maps, gallery, and YouTube also work. Last I checked, no 3rd party music apps work, and zero games work.

From the looks, you can only add whatever it allows by default.

Also, is it possible to talk on the phone and text or browse the internet at the same time?
    Yepp. For phone calls, after you've started the call, hit your home button. you will then see your home screen and your phone call will be a floating square icon, click the icon to get the full phone's calling features/screen again. From the home screen, you can work the phone as normal.
    Answers are in bold and red
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)
    Thanked by:
    PainFX 

Quote Originally Posted by theonlybuster View Post
    To expand on this, how you do it is press the little triangle shaped pattern of dots at the bottom of the bar where the apps to choose from are. This will open up a little menu and select "edit". This will open up a new window which will contain all the other apps that are able to be used in the multi window app.

If you root, you can use all the apps.... To bad rooting is a pita with Knox

the panda has spoken
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Yambag View Post
    To expand on this, how you do it is press the little triangle shaped pattern of dots at the bottom of the bar where the apps to choose from are. This will open up a little menu and select "edit". This will open up a new window which will contain all the other apps that are able to be used in the multi window app.
    sorry i couldn't understand you?

I have Verizon and I am able to talk and use web at the same time. I don't see a way to edit apps other than removing them from the list.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

How do I add Textra to the multi task window? It's not in the option.

How do I add Textra to the multi task window? It's not in the option.
    If you have the app installed and you're inside the edit menu of the multi-window and you don't see it, odds are it's another one of the programs not set up to work with multi-window.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

If you have the app installed and you're inside the edit menu of the multi-window and you don't see it, odds are it's another one of the programs not set up to work with multi-window.
    Ya.. That's why I asked. Guess it's not possible then. Only defaults are allowed

Ya.. That's why I asked. Guess it's not possible then. Only defaults are allowed
    I wouldn't say defaults. I manage to get GOSMS (when I briefly used it) and Handcent added there. It really just sounds like some apps have the coding needed, while others simply do not. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll find one you're satisfied with that will work on multi-window.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I wouldn't say defaults. I manage to get GOSMS (when I briefly used it) and Handcent added there. It really just sounds like some apps have the coding needed, while others simply do not. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll find one you're satisfied with that will work on multi-window.
    can you show me how you added apps?

PainFX, I'm pretty sure you're doing it correctly, BUT the specific app you're using is not compatible to work with multi-window. Not every app is compatible. I've even run into a few email apps that won't work with multi-window. It's not uncommon, it's just a bit annoying.

To access the panel to add apps to the side bar you first have to have Multi-Window enabled. This can be done via Notification toolbar.
    On the left side of the screen there should be a white half circle with a blue-ish arrow pointing to the right, press that to display the Multi-Window bar.
    On the VERY bottom left hand corner there's an up-facing arrow made of tiny dots. Press that. This will bring up the edit option.
    Press Edit and then you'll see ALL the potential apps on your phone that are compatible with Multi-Window. If the app isn't there, it's safe to assume it is not (yet) compatible with Multi-Window or you do not have it installed on your phone.

PainFX, I'm pretty sure you're doing it correctly, BUT the specific app you're using is not compatible to work with multi-window. Not every app is compatible. I've even run into a few email apps that won't work with multi-window. It's not uncommon, it's just a bit annoying.

To access the panel to add apps to the side bar you first have to have Multi-Window enabled. This can be done via Notification toolbar.
    On the left side of the screen there should be a white half circle with a blue-ish arrow pointing to the right, press that to display the Multi-Window bar.
    On the VERY bottom left hand corner there's an up-facing arrow made of tiny dots. Press that. This will bring up the edit option.
    Press Edit and then you'll see ALL the potential apps on your phone that are compatible with Multi-Window. If the app isn't there, it's safe to assume it is not (yet) compatible with Multi-Window or you do not have it installed on your phone.