| || |
Low volume speakers after S5 is dropped in melted chocolate
There are certainly worse places to drop a phone, but this one should win some kind of award.
My daughter was in her apartment melting chocolate to make hand-dipped strawberries. It's unclear to me how this happened, but the S5 ended up in the hot, melted chocolate.
She grabbed it quickly, removed the case and removed the back cover and ran it under the faucet (not sure for how long).
The phone works fine...except...the speaker volume is lower than it used to be. It's not intolerably soft, just softer than before the chocolate. (Audio is perfectly fine when played through the headphone jack.)
The phone sounds better when the case is removed, almost as if it's covering up the speakers, but that wouldn't explain why the sound is softer after the melted chocolate dunking.
Is it more likely that the speaker is damaged (needing repair or replacement); or does the speaker grill need to be rid of debris? And if I were to clean it with a soft brush, what would I clean? I see what looks like a small speaker grille at the lower left of the back, but the sound appears to be coming from other places on the phone, too.)
Pending my checking into the status of insurance (Best Buy) on the phone, does anybody have any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance.