Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is it a bad idea to lower camera resolution setting so I can email photos to friends faster?

is it a bad idea to lower camera resolution setting so I can email photos to friends faster?

It's currently at 5312x2988 and almost all photo end up being 6mb or more in size. sending a couple dozen photos to grandma end up taking a long time because Verizon only has 3G in my area. no wifi available here because I'm in a national park.

or is there a way to batch re-size photos on the S5 to 1920x1080 prior to emailing them? I figured 1920x1080 makes the most sense, since she views the photos on a 1080p HDTV only.

thanks!

Default Re: is it a bad idea to lower camera resolution setting so I can email photos to friends faster?

On my note 3, the stock email program let's you resize it to 70%, 30% and 10%of original

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    21,553 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: is it a bad idea to lower camera resolution setting so I can email photos to friends faster?

I don't see any reason why not. Scaling them down would be easier on your phone and plan all around. Less memory used on the device, and less data consumed in sending it.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

No I do that all the time I lower it to 8mp to send to friends who have iPhones

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 running Android L or Samsung galaxy S5

Also if you need 1920x1080, there are apps that can do it. "image shrink lite" from the play store works. The lite version works for single images, but the paid version can do multiple images

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    On my note 3, the stock email program let's you resize it to 70%, 30% and 10%of original

I'm guessing I can't do it with the Gmail app? Wait... where is the stock email program on my S5? i don't see it in the apps menu.

On the note 3, it is called "email"

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    On the note 3, it is called "email"

I feel so stupid now.... I was actually looking for an app
    called "Stock Email App"(which doesn't exist)!!!!!

Yes, it's just called "Email" in the apps menu.