New to Android. Have a few questions.

zzGambit

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
One of The questions I've been trying to find an answer to is if there is something special I have to do in order to get push notifications or notifications at all from my calender ? I have a awful memory so I rely heavily on my calender which gives me no type of notice. Question 2 is if anyone is the galaxy s5 s view wireless charging case and pad, if it's worth the price, where to buy, and if the pad comes separate, and last if anyone has any tips to optimize the phone itself that would be great. Aside from sports apps I don't really have much down loaded. Thank you all in advanced.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using Google Calendar or the Samsung Calendar on your phone? Using Google Calendar, you can select an event, edit it, and edit the Reminder. This can be either as a Notification or as an Email.

zzGambit

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Currently I am just using the calender that came preloaded with the phone. If I download the Google calender will I be able to get a notification ? Thank you for the fast reply.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the Samsung calendar app, I would guess that you can still do the same thing. What do you see if you select an event in the Samsung calendar, and edit it? Does it give you an option to select a reminder?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Been a while since I used Samsung stock apps, but if you download Google calendar, it will give you a notification.
The Samsung calendar can create events for the Google calendar, but you have to change that every time ( I can't remember how, I am sorry). I used to have both the Samsung calendar and Google calendar. I would enter info in Google, and read it on Samsung (I liked the interface on Samsung better ). After a while I just gave up on the Samsung calendar and acclimated myself to Googles.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

zzGambit

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I just went ahead and downloaded the Google calender. It has the option for a reminder on the stock calender but not once since I had the phone did I actually receive a reminder or notification when the time came. Thank you both. Hopefully this works

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just went ahead and downloaded the Google calender. It has the option for a reminder on the stock calender but not once since I had the phone did I actually receive a reminder or notification when the time came. Thank you both. Hopefully this works

Did you test it to make sure you get them?

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

That's odd because on the stock calendar I get reminders when I add a reminder. Did you change any settings somewhere for notifications?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Cal by any.do, it integrates Google flawlessly. I don't use any samsung apps except phone and contacts.

Posted via Android Central App

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
One of The questions I've been trying to find an answer to is if there is something special I have to do in order to get push notifications or notifications at all from my calender ? I have a awful memory so I rely heavily on my calender which gives me no type of notice. Question 2 is if anyone is the galaxy s5 s view wireless charging case and pad, if it's worth the price, where to buy, and if the pad comes separate, and last if anyone has any tips to optimize the phone itself that would be great. Aside from sports apps I don't really have much down loaded. Thank you all in advanced.

Try going to the calendar. Menu button. Settings. Set alerts and notifications. Check status bar notification. See if that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR