Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cinavs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where did my accuweather rectangle on face of phone go?

Hi. I just got my new S5 a couple days ago. I finally gave up my wonderful Windows phone Nokia Lumia due to my growing frustration of their lack of apps. Ugh. I miss it. I do like this Samsung S5 but still figuring out stuff.

When I first got it, I went and deleted the huge space taker apps like magazines, etc. I accidentally deleted the weather one that stayed "open" on my home phone. I reinstalled the accuweather app, but I still can't get it to display the same as it did. I went in to phone settings, app settings, the accuweather app settings..can't find anywhere to have the weather app to display open in the background like it did before I deleted it. Please help!!!

Also, same problem for my google search bar.. I deleted that and now wish I hadn't. How do I get that back.. just the search bar??

Thanks!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: Where did my accuweather rectangle on face of phone go?

Both the weather and search bar are widgets, not apps. If you hold your finger on an empty space on the home screen you will get an option to add widgets. Just scroll through the widgets until you find the weather and search, hold your finger on the widget and move it to where you want it on your home screen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Where did my accuweather rectangle on face of phone go?

Quote Originally Posted by cinavs View Post
    Both the weather and search bar are widgets, not apps. If you hold your finger on an empty space on the home screen you will get an option to add widgets. Just scroll through the widgets until you find the weather and search, hold your finger on the widget and move it to where you want it on your home screen.
    Thanks so much!! It was exactly what I was looking for! Yay!!