How can I add pictures to Google Slides?

Google4Lifee

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I did not see a fourm for Google apps so I chose to write this in the Galaxy s5 fourm.

Can somebody please help me out... I am unsure on how to add pictures and shapes into the Google slides android app. I used their help and feedback section and it stated to look for a (+) on the right hand side of the screen. I do not see any + button.

Has anybody figured out how to add pictures into a Google slide / Powerpoint file on slides android app??

Do you have to be using the powerpoint file or can you be using the slides file type.

I am seriously confused,,,
Thank you sooooo much!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't find a way either. I suggest sending feedback to Google about this from the Slides app.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
One way is to copy the picture to the clipboard and then insert the picture that way. Not sure if you lose any picture quality but that is the only way I can find to get a picture onto a Google Slide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But the problem that the OP and I notice is that there isn't even a "+" sign while editing a slide. That's what you're supposed to tap to add an image. Are you able to see the "+" sign on your device?

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I cannot see the + sign. But what I did to get the picture on the page was to move the picture to the clipboard and then insert the picture. The only +sign I see in Slides is the one to start a new presentation. It may not be the best method but it is the only one I see.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, well that's a start--thanks! But hopefully, Google will update the app to make it much easier to add an image.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on docs and sheets as well. Can't even use the clipboard on those. For grins I tried using the clipboard on the stock memos app and it works fine. We must be missing something on the Google apps.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I sent via feedback, a note to the Google team responsible for the slide, doc and sheets apps asking how we can get an image into these apps. Awaiting a response. Will post here when received.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I was working g on the same thing last week and noticed the lack of a +. Hope they fix it and make it functional.

Posted via Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Along the bottom of the screen it shows the slides you have. Double tap on the slide you wish to put the image on. Next tap the upper right of the screen with the 3 bars. It will give you the option to copy or paste. Tap paste and the clipboard will appear. It's quirky at best but it does work. Good luck.!!

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Another bug I found is that if you create the slides on the desktop using Powerpoint, when you open on the mobile device with Google Slides, not all the images appear.

Posted via Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Not really sure any of the three apps (docs, sheets or slides) are ready for prime time. I had better luck with "quick office" but dumped it when the others became available.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with that. If I had to do some serious document creation on my phone or tablet, I'd probably use OfficeSuite 7 Pro.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been playing with Polaris Office 5 today and building a slide presentation with images is very easy. It also uses the Microsoft file extension so when I send it to people they have a real PowerPoint file to play with.

Time for a coffee break .. enjoy.

Google4Lifee

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I really wish Google would fix these issues... if they want to be competitive with MS office they need to add simple access to basic things.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I really wish Google would fix these issues... if they want to be competitive with MS office they need to add simple access to basic things.

You are 100% correct. But don't let that stand in your way. I did a 10 page slide presentation with images and graphs just as a test using Polaris Office 5 which by the, way is stock on my S5 and did it in about 15 minutes. Polaris is very intuitive.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, another trick. I generated 6 slides using Polaris Office 5 and saved each to a .pptx format. I exited Polaris Office 5 and went to my files to see the .pptx files. When I tapped on each of the it asked if I wanted Slides or Polaris Office 5. For grins I said Slides and presto chango they all opened up in Slides.

Ok .... more coffee.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Much weirdness going on here. If I use Polaris Office 5 to generate a .pptx file the world is ok. If I now open this file by selecting Google Slides the + sign is now visible and I can insert images and graphs on any slide.

If I start using Google Slides I cannot get that + sign to appear no matter how I try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech