Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 Battery Life

Ok I been reading and all the reviews about the S5 battery life and all the reviews have been excellent. Ive had this new phone for about two weeks now. I keep the screen on low. I have the power save on, and location is always off unless I need it. I even turn my phone off and take the battery out for a while, but my battery still drains fast AND even at 100% I still only get and hour or two on the battery. What can I do for my phone to work properly?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5 Battery Life-screenshot_2014-07-22-02-08-56.jpg   Galaxy S5 Battery Life-screenshot_2014-07-22-02-09-03.jpg  

Default Re: Galaxy S5 Battery Life

Welcome to Android Central! It's more helpful to see battery stats when the battery is down to 20-30%, because that gives us a much more comprehensive picture of what has been using the battery over an extended period of time.

Based on what you posted, I see that the phone is awake constantly, even though the screen isn't on the whole time. So something may be keeping the phone awake. I'm curious why Magisto had used 8% of your battery already--had you just been using it? If not, then it might be inappropriately consuming battery power.

In the meantime, review this guide: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips