Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default accidentally changed a setting for 'choose photos from' and cant change it back!

So I used to have a screen come up to allow me to choose photos from dropbox or gallery (say for instance, I am in facebook and want to PM someone a photo of something). I have not synched dropbox with my gallery as that gives me a gazillion images to sort through so instead I had this handy option of choosing where I could go find photos from. The other day I accidentally chose 'always' instead of the usual 'just once' when I selected gallery, now I cannot find where to change it back to give me that option so I can't use the pics on dropbox now.

I have tried a few things including clearing gallery from the default applications, to no avail.

Can anyone help with this one?

Thanks

Global Posts
    19,825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: accidentally changed a setting for 'choose photos from' and cant change it back!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMel View Post
    So I used to have a screen come up to allow me to choose photos from dropbox or gallery (say for instance, I am in facebook and want to PM someone a photo of something). I have not synched dropbox with my gallery as that gives me a gazillion images to sort through so instead I had this handy option of choosing where I could go find photos from. The other day I accidentally chose 'always' instead of the usual 'just once' when I selected gallery, now I cannot find where to change it back to give me that option so I can't use the pics on dropbox now.

I have tried a few things including clearing gallery from the default applications, to no avail.

Can anyone help with this one?

Thanks
    So we make sure we get everything, go to Settings>Apps>menu>reset app preferences. That will clear everything so if you had several defaults set, you will have to reset them.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: accidentally changed a setting for 'choose photos from' and cant change it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    So we make sure we get everything, go to Settings>Apps>menu>reset app preferences. That will clear everything so if you had several defaults set, you will have to reset them.
    Thanks for your reply, I just did that now, no change, that didn't work.