I have two Samsung S5s - one lags and one doesn't. Thoughts?

surfshark808

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Aloha all,

I just recently bought two S5's, one for me and one for me wife (verizon). My wife's phone is noticeably laggy and choppy, even when just swiping in between app screens. My phone, on the other hand, is very buttery. I have tried factory resetting the phone, and various lag-fix options available on the web (removing flipboard, going into developer options and tweaking animations / transitions, etc, removing as many of the verizon bloatware and other apps as I can), but nothing seems to fix it.

Is it possible that my wife's phone has some hardware issue with the ram that could be causing the lag? The difference between the two phones is indisputably noticeable.

I bought these phones from Costco, which has its own 90-day warranty (and Costco is known for being lenient on returns), so I plan on bringing the phone back into the Costco third-party dealer to exchange. I was hoping I might be able to throw down some tech-speak on him and convince him that its possibly a hardware issue.

Thoughts? Mahalo! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aloha, and welcome to Android Central! I know you tried a reset, but see what happens if you also boot the laggy phone into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support.

Another thing to try is to boot into Safe Mode and see if it still lags. If it does, then there's probably something screwy with that phone's firmware or hardware. Bottom line is that I wouldn't spend too much time working on this--if things just don't work the way they should, then get a replacement from Costco.