Camera Issue: Horrible autofocus in mid/low-light situations?

EssFive

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have thus far owned two S5s (after one had an internal hardware failure). In indoor lighting, both phones were/are completely incompetent at focusing on close-up objects (like my pets). No matter what I try with tapping the screen to focus, the autofocus only brings the item into focus for a split second before completely blurring it again. It's essentially impossible to take a good photo of anything close, it's absolutely infuriating. When taking a pic of that same object with an iPhone, it comes perfectly in focus. Knowing that it CAN focus on the item, but never does so for more than a split-second makes me furious and wish there was a manual focus option.

Does everyone have this issue? Can it be fixed with a setting? I've thus far found no third-party apps that help with it. Please help!

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yea my camera has gotten worse over the last few weeks. It's autofocus sucks even in daylight and has been underexposing any and all images in bright daylight.

PhilHem610

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes this happens to me, too. Autofocus on my galaxy s5 is terrible. It makes the camera unusable. Blurry pictures are the norm; tapping the screen to autofocus is like pulling the lever on a slot machine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames