- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
Camera Issue: Horrible autofocus in mid/low-light situations?
I have thus far owned two S5s (after one had an internal hardware failure). In indoor lighting, both phones were/are completely incompetent at focusing on close-up objects (like my pets). No matter what I try with tapping the screen to focus, the autofocus only brings the item into focus for a split second before completely blurring it again. It's essentially impossible to take a good photo of anything close, it's absolutely infuriating. When taking a pic of that same object with an iPhone, it comes perfectly in focus. Knowing that it CAN focus on the item, but never does so for more than a split-second makes me furious and wish there was a manual focus option.
Does everyone have this issue? Can it be fixed with a setting? I've thus far found no third-party apps that help with it. Please help!
- 07-23-2014, 09:22 PM #2
- 11-29-2015, 08:27 PM #3
- 1 Posts
Re: Camera Issue: Horrible autofocus in mid/low-light situations?
Yes this happens to me, too. Autofocus on my galaxy s5 is terrible. It makes the camera unusable. Blurry pictures are the norm; tapping the screen to autofocus is like pulling the lever on a slot machine.
Posted via the Android Central App
- 11-30-2015, 08:03 AM #4
- By blackdogAC in forum LG G3Replies: 117Last Post: 01-19-2016, 08:14 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2014, 03:01 PM
- By jwalker007 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 5Last Post: 07-24-2014, 06:14 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 07-24-2014, 01:16 AM
- By LauraWA in forum LG G3Replies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:38 PM