Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera Issue: Horrible autofocus in mid/low-light situations?

I have thus far owned two S5s (after one had an internal hardware failure). In indoor lighting, both phones were/are completely incompetent at focusing on close-up objects (like my pets). No matter what I try with tapping the screen to focus, the autofocus only brings the item into focus for a split second before completely blurring it again. It's essentially impossible to take a good photo of anything close, it's absolutely infuriating. When taking a pic of that same object with an iPhone, it comes perfectly in focus. Knowing that it CAN focus on the item, but never does so for more than a split-second makes me furious and wish there was a manual focus option.

Does everyone have this issue? Can it be fixed with a setting? I've thus far found no third-party apps that help with it. Please help!

Default Re: Camera Issue: Horrible autofocus in mid/low-light situations?

Yea my camera has gotten worse over the last few weeks. It's autofocus sucks even in daylight and has been underexposing any and all images in bright daylight.