I think I'm giving up on the S5...now the real question what do I sell all this stuff for???

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on my 3rd S5... First one had issues with the bluetooth radio not working.. The 2nd had camera problems. So my 3rd is here and I think I'm done. The build quality just isn't there and I'm either going back to my iPhone 5s or picking up an HTC M8.

So here's my dilemma if I decide to sell what should I ask? EBay? Classifieds here? What do you guys think? Sell as a package or split up? Any advice would be great.

The package includes a new replacement phone unused, S-view charging case, tempered glass screen protector, 3 pack of reg screen protectors, charge back cover, charging dock, extra battery with spare battery charger, and a Gear Fit. All accessories are in excellent to like new condition.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 97
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 96

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have actually but I'm reluctant to go to another plastic phone. I really miss the premium feel of an aluminum phone.

jay_dubb2k5

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Nice package. You probably have way more into it then most people are willing to pay. You will probably come out better selling it separately.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're willing to deal with the extra hassle, you'll get more selling individually. If you're willing to take a hit but save some time and energy, sell it as a package.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The build quality is definitely poor. I don't mind plastic but creaking will drive me up a wall. My Note 3 was as solid as can be but my S5 has creaking in the wireless charging door no matter how many I've tried. I'll be checking out the Note 4 to see if its any better. The only phone I'd consider that's not a Samsung is HTC but the camera lens issues are far worse than creaks.

I focus on the negatives too much, lol. I really need to calm down!

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Last edited:

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on my 3rd S5... First one had issues with the bluetooth radio not working.. The 2nd had camera problems. So my 3rd is here and I think I'm done. The build quality just isn't there and I'm either going back to my iPhone 5s or picking up an HTC M8.

So here's my dilemma if I decide to sell what should I ask? EBay? Classifieds here? What do you guys think? Sell as a package or split up? Any advice would be great.

The package includes a new replacement phone unused, S-view charging case, tempered glass screen protector, 3 pack of reg screen protectors, charge back cover, charging dock, extra battery with spare battery charger, and a Gear Fit. All accessories are in excellent to like new condition.

If you're really selling, I'd be interested in taking the Gear Fit off your hands

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I would want to sell the phone first. I put the package on eBay with a reserve of $550. Guess we shall see. Thanks guys

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
i am in the same boat as you just on my first phone. and because i am in canada it has to be sent away for repair before they will give me a new replacement phone, however since my husband has a galaxy s5 too and his has the same bad signal i my end up just buying a different phone out right and then figure out what to do with that galaxy s5 that only works when there is signal for it. even tho my loner phone (HTC one X) gets service everywhere that my samsung didn't

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
There's really 3 moves here...

1. Sell it ALL as a package deal
2. Sell it as 2 package deals. One for the phone and accessories, and another "package" for the wearable.
3. Sell everything separate. I'll be honest, the screen protector and SD card will likely not sell separately, but the rest should go decently well depending on price.

Generally when you sell separately, the rule of thumb is 80% of retail value at most. Even if everything is brand new, still in a sealed box, you'll almost never get retail value back. So 80% at most for perfect un-used condition.

Depending on how quickly you want to move it, look at on-going and recently past eBay auctions and look at those selling prices. Price yours a bit lower. OR if you want attention, list it as an auction w/o reserve starting at $200 then let it go up from there. It's risky because many eBay bidders won't bid on something with a reserve UNLESS it gets past the reserve, so keep that in mind. If it doesn't look like it's going to sell for the amount you want, you can end/cancel the auction early and call it quits early and simply re-list it. But know that doing this too often will push people away.

Also, OP, I sent you a PM ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12