Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow samsung s5 error " unfortunately google play store has stopped." how to solve

samsung s5 error " unfortunately google play store has stopped." how to solve-google-play.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	google play.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	129236WHEN UNINSTALL UPDATES ON GOOGLE PLAY AND GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES AFTER THAT , I RECEIVED THE BELOW ERROR AGAIN AND AGAIN WHEN WIFI OR NET CONNECT....
    " unfortunately google play store has stopped." how to solve ????????????? MY DEVICE IS SAMSUNG GALAXY S5. Please clear step by step reply.

Default Re: samsung s5 error " unfortunately google play store has stopped." how to solve

I'm running into issue issue on Samsung Note. I already tried, clean data, clean cache, reset applications: -(

Default Re: samsung s5 error " unfortunately google play store has stopped." how to solve

I think you have hit the same snag that I did yesterday.

Was 200 miles from home and needed Google Maps, no mapping available. Just the lat/long showing my location as a dot.

When I got home, I used Kies 3.0 to restore "Location Services" to a known good working version.
    That fixed me right up.

I think that Google started an update and it got interrupted leaving the Google apps stranded.

I have thread on that issue, need to see if anyone followed up on it...........

Nope, I found it a couple pages back, no one has the answer.... that leaves me to suggest that what I mentioned above is pretty much right.

This has happened to me 3 times IIRC, and each time, all I did was to restore Location Services to a Known Good working version.

Just a few minutes ago, I did a Re-install on Google Maps and the Notification Screen said "Updating Maps".

When it finished I had all of the new features so the repair job worked.

My thread on this:
    Google Services just quits once in a while...

Now your problem. I suggest that you use your PC to download a new copy of Google Maps to your phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pps.maps&hl=en

Then try out Play Store again. Report back please if that fixed your issues. It should as Maps will repair the broken links to Google Services which is what Play Store has to have to work right.

Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON

Quote Originally Posted by eckumar View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	129236Click image for larger version. 

ID:	129236WHEN UNINSTALL UPDATES ON GOOGLE PLAY AND GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES AFTER THAT , I RECEIVED THE BELOW ERROR AGAIN AND AGAIN WHEN WIFI OR NET CONNECT....
    " unfortunately google play store has stopped." how to solve ????????????? MY DEVICE IS SAMSUNG GALAXY S5. Please clear step by step reply.

I have that problem with other apps. Why does it do that?