Galaxy S5 service is a problem please read!

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to post this so everyone knows about it. But Samsung's service has gone down hill fast. by service i mean cell signal. i sent mine in for repair the other day and got a HTC one x as a loner (not a fan) but it keeps service where my Samsung would get nothing. so if your Samsung isn't getting service it's not the company but the cell phone. i am know seriously considering getting an HTC one M8, or an iphone. but it all depends on which one gets the better service. before i took it in i had already changed it from LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto connect to WCDMA/GSM auto connect just to help get better service since where i live there is no LTE and it didn't seem to make a difference. anyone else had this problem and did Samsung fix it? or where you disappointed???

Canadian girl on telus mobility.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung doesn't have anything to do with cell signal, they are not a carrier. They make phones in addition to many other devices, appliances etc.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Samsung doesn't have anything to do with cell signal, they are not a carrier. They make phones in addition to many other devices, appliances etc.

Except the complaint is the S5 doesn't get service when an HTC phone does.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It's likely not the service if another phone on the same carrier is getting a signal where your Samsung isn't. It could EASILY be your phone's antennae malfunctioning. But I'd wait until you get your phone back to try it again. It sounds like you got a problematic phone, so you should test this again with a fully and correctly functioning phone before you discredit it.

One can also bring in the frequency argument...

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
i have my Husband has a galaxy S5 and his is having the same trouble some times, but his having trouble of its own. his will not find WiFi sometimes. have to reset the phone for it find it. and mine i couldn't even send a text msg while at home because the service was so bad. where with this HTC one X i have service, can send a text, or get a phone call. so i know it's my phone.

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
i have my Husband has a galaxy S5 and his is having the same trouble some times, but his having trouble of its own. his will not find WiFi sometimes. have to reset the phone for it find it. and mine i couldn't even send a text msg while at home because the service was so bad. where with this HTC one X i have service, can send a text, or get a phone call. so i know it's my phone.

I think you're missing my point... You're comparing a fully working HTC to 2 faulty Samsung phones.
Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to bring you back to Samsung, I honestly prefer Moto and wanted to explore this time around, but just to say to compare the reliability and performance of 2 things, you kind of want them both fully working in all aspects to get conclusive results. Even if your wifi is causing issues, it could be a coding error and who's to say it's not extending to the mobile data antennae in some way shape or form.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality38