Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default half of my messages not sending?

So I have a galaxy s5 and this problem is getting worse and worse. About half of my texts require a resend. It is so so aggravating and I'm just so fed up. My iPhone never had this problem. I am on Verizon and use a network extender anyone else have this problem? And does anyone know about a metal replacement back in copper/gold?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: half of my messages not sending?

Same problem here... Im on T-Mobile and have the same issue. Seems to be getting worse and worse...

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Ancona View Post
    So I have a galaxy s5 and this problem is getting worse and worse. About half of my texts require a resend. It is so so aggravating and I'm just so fed up. My iPhone never had this problem. I am on Verizon and use a network extender anyone else have this problem? And does anyone know about a metal replacement back in copper/gold?

same problem here.. worse!!

It's not the phone it's the network. i see this issue every so often on the Sprint network with ALL phones, and it's MOSTLY users who activate their phones outside of a vendor/dealer.
    The ONLY sure shot way I've seen this issue fixed is to totally take the device off the network and activate another/previous device. Take the problematic phone and do a factory reset and set up the phone (yes I know it's not on a netowkr the other phone is). After it's set up. Do a second factory reset, this time re-establish your carrier and network on your S5.

From my understanding, when your phone was set up it was between towers and it basically confused itself and now is looking for one of the two original towers even if you're nowhere close to them. It's a VERY annoying problem. Of course if what I said didn't help, bring it to your carrier and request a replacement.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Does anyone know if you can swap out a galaxy s5 for a htc one m8? I just can't take this anymore. My friend has an m8 and his sends just fine. The galaxy cost more and I would be willing to pay maybe a little more but not for a new phone.

When I first tried to activate my S5, the folks at the useless Script Readers "help desk" did NOT listen to me at all.

I told them that the phone was purchased with the upgrade privileges of my daughter's phone, but will be activated on "my phone number". The dumb twits did not listen at all, they just hit the switch to upgrade her account to my phone. hell, I could have done that via the VZW online upgrade feature.... but I would have run into the very same problem.... wrong upgrade applied to my phone.

both of us lost service.... idiots.....

It took me 90 minutes to get the jerk to call The IT tech services folks and let me explain it to them personally.

The guy at IT understood immediately what the Script Reader did wrong... he restored the daughter's phone, and then manually configured my phone to the proper settings. Between the two of us, we got it done.

That said, my phone was configured by the ISP, not a retailer over the counter guy who does not have a clue.

The only messages that do NOT get sent correctly are Big MMS messages. Even that will work if I would pay a monthly fee for the service. I choose not to, and limp along with Small MMS messages (compacted video/pix to 300 kB or less).

I suggest your phone has configuration issues... hopefully you will get it straightened out soon. It is not the phone, it accessing the network correctly.

BTW, I also have a Network Extender. I live in a very rural area and VZW does not have local service here.

I can help you with this as I see it daily and you mentioned you had an iphone. Did you ever go and shut your apple ID down? See if your I message was tied to your texting on the iPhone it still is trying to go there. That is why it is taking forever unless it is your carrier but I'm almost positive the above is your problem. Google it and you will find a guide to fix this issue.