Samsung Galaxy S5 "Downloads" folder is missing from Gallery

MagicaDeSpell

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 a week ago. Well I have that little problem with it that whenever I download a pic from for example Google or Hangouts I don't have the -Downloads- folder in my gallery. They do not show up anywhere except if I go to "My files - internal memory - downloads" but nowhere in the gallery. In the gallery I chose the option to show every pic which is saved to the device but they don't show up only camera photos, screenshots. Nothing else. Any idea what to do? Because I even asked Samsung on Twitter and they couldn't provide any useful information what to do.
Thank you in advance!

brennings03

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

Has anyone already resolved this? I'm experiencing the same thing.

I keep downloading pictures and videos from browser app (Firefox and Internet) but it doesn't show in the gallery.

Tho you can see it in "My Files" - "Download History", but it used to show in "Gallery" as "Downloads".

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmn, curious. I just tried on my S5 and it worked fine. I use Chrome.

As long as you have all pictures selected in settings it should work. Are you saving to an SD card?

Other than that, all I can suggest is perhaps going into the app and clearing the cache and data and then re trying?

Posted via the Android Central App

manuel3mejia

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmn, curious. I just tried on my S5 and it worked fine. I use Chrome.

As long as you have all pictures selected in settings it should work. Are you saving to an SD card?

Other than that, all I can suggest is perhaps going into the app and clearing the cache and data and then re trying?

Posted via the Android Central App

Clearing the cache did it on my At&t S5 thxs bud

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
This issue bugged me for months. Ever since the new photos app appeared. I couldn't take a photo that I received via email, use the share command, and then choose photos. I had to use the download method, then click on the file in the download folder, select share from there, then select photos. That worked. Those pictures are now in my photos album.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0