Anyway to download pics from a game cam via usb cable to S5?

w4rwf

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi all! As title asks, I would like to be able to hook up a usb cable from my phone to my game cam and download the pics from the game cam to the phone vs carrying a laptop to connect the game cam too. Any app's that would work for that or is the idea even workable with a cell phone, even the mighty do it all S5?

Thanks in advance!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm, good question, but I think you already know the answer.

2 step process like you do it now.

Game cam to PC, PC to phone.

Have you tried the File Manager app that is already on the phone? Will recognize the Game Cam? I think the interconnection between the two devices are the big donny brook....

Either the camera has to have a device driver to see the phone, or the phone has to have a device driver to see the camera.

w4rwf

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the reply. the whole idea was to not have to carry a laptop into the woods with me. i always have the phone with me, in the woods or not. i could just go buy another sd card and swap them out, but i wanted the ability to view the files and a way to save the pics at the same time. i think i might have it figured out though. i think i need an "OTG" cable and an appropriate app such as Nexus view photos to make this idea work.

driftah

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a gamecam and thats the first thing I asked. No good answers where it was purchased but... going to try a micro sd with an adapter in the camera. If it works I can slip it into my S 5 without having to buy a card reader.

driftah

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Using a micro sd card in an adapter worked in the cam I bought. Now I just remove my S5 sd and put in the game micro sd to view right where my camera is.slick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2