Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: S5 or LG g3

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    I've had the LG G3 but I returned it for the S5 mainly because I prefer galaxy devices but there were a few issues:

Screen seemed to be washed out

Screen is dimmer than other screens, therefore I needed to put the brightness a lot higher than I am used to even in indoor settings. Thus I was worried about how this would effect battery life.

The phone heated up a lot.

On the few times that I used it the call quality was quite low.

It felt like there wasn't as many accessories as there are for the S5 and the ones that were available aren't easy to get hold of where I live.

These things might not be important for others though.

Posted from my S5
    I am with you. I agree with all except call quality was fine for me. The screen on the G3 was dimmer than my Nexus 5 and even on the video by Lisa you can see the difference. Also had some heating up watching some videos not on wifi but on LTE, so returned it in the 14 day return period. My daughter came to visit this weekend and has a new S5. I was impressed with the size, how light it was and that screen is amazing. I have owned every Galaxy S phone from 1 to 4 but did not get the 5 because it has 16GB internal storage. I keep holding out hope that they will release a 32GB model with a 805 by the end of the year. Not a fan of the gee wiz stuff on the S5 but the basics are pretty solid and I think the screen is even better that the G3 screen even with a QHD screen.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    Funny mine has non of these issues you probably had a dude.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Objectively, there are too many instances of the issues above to be anecdotal. If the screen did not heat the phone up they would not have engineered screen brightness throttling to lower the brightness when the phone heats up. Not trying to bash the G3, it has some great points, but to paint every issue that everyone has as a lemon is just not accurate. The QHD screen comes at great cost in heat and battery.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by Teach Infotech View Post
    with so many negative reports for the LG G3 Im going for the S5
    My G3 runs great. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Topgonzo and MC_A_DOT like this.

Why not try both. Most stores have a 14 day returns policy.

That's what happened to me, got the G3 didn't like and so returned it for the S5. Probably shouldn't have got the G3 in the first place but I commend myself for trying something different lol

Posted from my S5
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

Try both. We can't possibly tell you which phone will work for you and your situation. Both phones have pros and cons.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I agree try both. I never watch movies on my phone. I have a laptop or tablet for that. Screen doesn't seem washed out on my g3. Also the screen on the g3 seems way to bright even set at 0%.
    As far as Samsung goes they make as many accessories as Apple.

For the most part when you're comparing phones of a similar caliber, you're best to focus on features you WANT in a phone. Oh great the phone can monitor your baby's location and will make a cup of coffee for you, but what good is it if you don't have a baby and don't drink coffee.

What I typically do is make a list of pros and cons for the phones I'm interested in. List them from most important to you to least important. Then literally give a +1 to all pros and -1 to all cons that pertain to my desires. The phone with the highest score I invest in. Now if it hasn't been said, MOST stores have a return policy of 7-28 days depending on the store. INQUIRE, don't assume. Grab the phone and test it out. If you don't like it within that time frame, return to the store and tell them you don't like it and want to EXCHANGE. Saying you want to exchange let's them know you want to continue the service, but just want a different phone.
    As long as you don't abuse the exchanging, and the phone is in good un-rooted condition, you're totally fine.

In regards to the phones being water proof, they simply are not, period. They're water resistant, but again, that does not mean you should submerge the phone in liquid to test/prove this. The water resistance is for simple mistakes and mishaps, not underwater video taking.

I personally was interested in the G3, BUT the buttons on the back of the phone were a total undisputable killer for me. That being said, remember, to each his own. But above all, I HIGHLY recommend watching multiple YouTube videos of both phones operating as well as go into the stores and hold the phones and play with them a little (if possible)
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)

I prefer the g3, hands down the best phone I've used and haven't had any of the problems mentioned earlier. Returned my s5 before the 2 week exchange was up. Samsung just isn't producing quality products anymore..boring designs and all these gimmicks that just bloat the phones touchwiz.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve Sharra View Post
    S5 all the way....faster recharge battery with usb 3.0 , very good camera, water proof, ultimate power saving mode, bright screen, private mode..

The G3 has its own variation of Private mode as well as its own battery saving mode. And the faster recharging is only when plugged into a laptop w/ the USB 3.0 cable. Not really a deal breaker to me..

Even when you charge it with the wall adapter , it charges fast like my wife's iphone 5s...I played with the lg g3 at the store and it didn't offer a big wow over s5 , I think its ok phone but nothing to go crazy about...but everyone has their own opinion, the s5 has a lot going for it. But for lg they are going in the right direction

Thanked by:
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by steve Sharra View Post
    Even when you charge it with the wall adapter , it charges fast like my wife's iphone 5s...I played with the lg g3 at the store and it didn't offer a big wow over s5 , I think its ok phone but nothing to go crazy about...but everyone has their own opinion, the s5 has a lot going for it. But for lg they are going in the right direction

Yeah, my S5 charges crazy fast if I use the USB 3 cable. It's nice that I can still use all of my old chargers and cables as well. This is the second Galaxy phone I've owned and I really like this platform. I admittedly haven't tried the G3 yet. I need to got to a store and mess around on one.
    steve Sharra likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12