S5 or LG g3

diegofs89

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG g3 for verizon but I can't use hotspot with my unlimited data without root, but someone is trying to trade me his s5 which could I use fox fi with, and he'll give me 50 bucks, is it worth trading for? How good is the s5?

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
IMO, no. I realize using Foxfi may be important for you but the differences of 32GB vs 16GB, 3GB RAM vs 2GB RAM, QHD display, alone are worth staying put. Plus Verizon is going to start throttling Unlimited users on 4G (as they have been doing on 3G). Honestly its only a matter of time before Verizon finds a way to kill all Unlimited users plans. They can simply say no more unlimited.

*** Updated*** I found this on YouTube which was a video about the Verizon LG G3 FREE Wifi Tether 4G HotSpot Hack. Root is required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvwAM3V7I64

Last edited:

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
They get the same battery life and one has a bigger screen. The Samsung has a more color accurate display colors and the G3 is sharper. The ram makes no difference because they both hog it all anyway lol. But $50 is a dumb little price for these two great phones.

diegofs89

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
They won't throttle if your still under contract only if your month to month user and I am still under contract until 2016 I managed to renew it without loosing my unlimited data, I heard and read you have to meet all the requirements to get throotled and I don't.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on Samsung, lack of design, lack of updates (more a carrier than OEM cause) and most of all gimmicky features that simply don't add much value and suck up storage space.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is rooting safe and would it void my warranty?

Yes pretty much, if done correctly... Yes I believe it does, but with Towelroot most are reporting that it's not tripping any counters and it can be undone with Superuser

"Is the antenna signal good? It has sucked in previous galaxies"

The S5 is pretty much on par with my iphone and the Htc One M8 that I had before. The only one that I have had previously with better reception was a Moto X. Had an S3 when they came out and the reception wasn't that great but it was acceptable in my area on AT&T.

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
S5 all the way....faster recharge battery with usb 3.0 , very good camera, water proof, ultimate power saving mode, bright screen, private mode..

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I would not hesitate going with the G3 I have the G2 and prefer over the S5 Samsung has screwed me to many times to ever go back

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I used an HTC Rezound which I thought had good reception and data signal, and I think it's better than my HTC Rezound in some places, though the data signal may be worse in my room. But I'll tell you this, at my job, the rezound struggled with having fast 4G LTE speeds at a certain area in the office. The S5 does better in the same area and the internet works faster which could be related to being an updated phone.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had the LG G3 but I returned it for the S5 mainly because I prefer galaxy devices but there were a few issues:

Screen seemed to be washed out

Screen is dimmer than other screens, therefore I needed to put the brightness a lot higher than I am used to even in indoor settings. Thus I was worried about how this would effect battery life.

The phone heated up a lot.

On the few times that I used it the call quality was quite low.

It felt like there wasn't as many accessories as there are for the S5 and the ones that were available aren't easy to get hold of where I live.

These things might not be important for others though.

Posted from my S5

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I would rather have my S5 because of the Super AMOLED display and the super battery life. However... I would pick the G3 over the HTC One (M8).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
How good is the S5? Right now it's THE best out there, we still have 5 more days until it's released up here.

I just wish the G3 was Waterproof and/or offered USB 3.0. The features and specs are similar, I doubt you can tell the difference and LG has Samsung's MultiWindow so I think it will come down to the display and is it comfortable to use?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had the LG G3 but I returned it for the S5 mainly because I prefer galaxy devices but there were a few issues:

Screen seemed to be washed out

Screen is dimmer than other screens, therefore I needed to put the brightness a lot higher than I am used to even in indoor settings. Thus I was worried about how this would effect battery life.

The phone heated up a lot.

On the few times that I used it the call quality was quite low.

It felt like there wasn't as many accessories as there are for the S5 and the ones that were available aren't easy to get hold of where I live.

These things might not be important for others though.

Posted from my S5

Funny mine has non of these issues you probably had a dude.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
How good is the S5? Right now it's THE best out there, we still have 5 more days until it's released up here.

I just wish the G3 was Waterproof and/or offered USB 3.0. The features and specs are similar, I doubt you can tell the difference and LG has Samsung's MultiWindow so I think it will come down to the display and is it comfortable to use?

The LG is waterproof, although not officially certified there are plenty of videos on YouTube showing it surviving in water for an hour or so.

Posted from my S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888