AT&T Giving Trouble for 14 Day Exchange

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got an S5 Monday and moved from my faulty Nexus 5. Not even two days later I noticed that there was dust trapped inside the screen. I decided to take it back for an exchange, especially considering the phone is supposed to be dustproof. The staff there tried to get out of giving me an exchange since it was a 'manufacturing defect'. I politely pushed for another few minutes until the store manager conceded to call her manager for permission. They did it for me but made it clear it was a one time thing and next time I would have to go through Samsung. What the heck? Anyone have similar experiences?

What made me angry was that I was told when I purchased the phone that if it was defective they would replace it no questions asked. My other two options in town were Best Buy and Costco. I regret not going to one of them. Either one would exchange no questions asked - Best Buy has done it for my mom and Costco has an incredible record for honoring their 90 day policy.

While dust in the screen might be minor, I shouldn't have to worry if the place I by it from won't replace it within their return policy if the device has a defect.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
They claim to have a "no hassle policy", but they do limit you to one exchange within the 14 day return/exchange window. I've returned and exchanged devices many times during the allowed time period and never ran into any issues, maybe it was just that store or just those employees. Too bad they gave you a hard time about it, they shouldn't have...
AT&T Return Policy & Early Termination Fee - from AT&T

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got an S5 Monday and moved from my faulty Nexus 5. Not even two days later I noticed that there was dust trapped inside the screen. I decided to take it back for an exchange, especially considering the phone is supposed to be dustproof. The staff there tried to get out of giving me an exchange since it was a 'manufacturing defect'. I politely pushed for another few minutes until the store manager conceded to call her manager for permission. They did it for me but made it clear it was a one time thing and next time I would have to go through Samsung. What the heck? Anyone have similar experiences?

What made me angry was that I was told when I purchased the phone that if it was defective they would replace it no questions asked. My other two options in town were Best Buy and Costco. I regret not going to one of them. Either one would exchange no questions asked - Best Buy has done it for my mom and Costco has an incredible record for honoring their 90 day policy.

While dust in the screen might be minor, I shouldn't have to worry if the place I by it from won't replace it within their return policy if the device has a defect.

Hello, I'm going to miss your threads in Nexus 5 forum. When my LG G2 dies I almost buy a Samsumg Galaxy S5 at my mobile service carrier, AT&T, but only 16GB internal memory freaks me out. I bought my Nexus 5 , running Art stock, no root. I always check out Galaxy S5 forum, so will read your threads here. Thanks and good luck with your new S5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I found out today the manager who was starting me up signed me up for the $10 insurance service. I expressly told her multiple times I didn't want the insurance. I called AT&T directly and I got forwarded to a supervisor. After telling him the story he quickly apologized, called the store and told the store they had to accept my return. I'm going in Sunday.