Is There An App To Reply To Phone Calls With A Text

dazzawm

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I know the S5 has a built in app so that when the phone rings you can reject it with a text message. What I need is one that will automatically send a text when the phone rings when I am not with it i.e 'I am in the gym at the moment please call back at 11am'. Is there such a thing? I don't want the phone just ringing off or going to voicemail.

Adrian Aghaie

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Uhm, I do believe there is. I think it's busy mode or something, I forgot exactly where it is, but I know there is something like it on the phone already. If my blackberry from 3 years ago has it, I'm sure android phones have it.

Posted via Android Central App

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I know the S5 has a built in app so that when the phone rings you can reject it with a text message. What I need is one that will automatically send a text when the phone rings when I am not with it i.e 'I am in the gym at the moment please call back at 11am'. Is there such a thing? I don't want the phone just ringing off or going to voicemail.

I don't understand how what you are asking for is any different than the built in feature?

dazzawm

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand how what you are asking for is any different than the built in feature?

The built in app is one where you have to physically reject the call yourself with a message. I want one that will reply to a phone call with a text when I am nowhere near my phone when it rings.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The built in app is one where you have to physically reject the call yourself with a message. I want one that will reply to a phone call with a text when I am nowhere near my phone when it rings.

If you go to Settings, Applications, Call, you will see the Call Rejection options, in addition to configure your Auto Rejection messages you will see the Auto Rejection mode, I haven't tried it but you will see that it has the option to Auto Reject all incoming calls, but really can't tell you what will be the auto reject message it will use, logic tells me tat it may use the first one on the list, so do your tests and let us know.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with just letting it go to Voice Mail?

That's what VM is for in the first place.

You can record any message you like on VM.

And, if the caller is using a landline, sending a text message is useless.

dazzawm

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
What's wrong with just letting it go to Voice Mail?

That's what VM is for in the first place.

You can record any message you like on VM.

And, if the caller is using a landline, sending a text message is useless.

Why reply with an answer like that? If I wanted it to go to VM I wouldn't have put the post in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles