How to get rid of virus?

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I use twitter and it sometimes brings me websites to look at Web page. I now have a virus. I'm getting pop ups a lot. For example, I will go to look at a text message and a pop up for singles websites or lawyers will pop up. I've never seen this before.

How do I get rid of this virus?

Posted via Android Central App

1iwilly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
download cm security free from the app store or 360 security those are 2 that are top grade as of now.good luck

I use twitter and it sometimes brings me websites to look at Web page. I now have a virus. I'm getting pop ups a lot. For example, I will go to look at a text message and a pop up for singles websites or lawyers will pop up. I've never seen this before.

How do I get rid of this virus?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time I have ever heard of an Android device getting a virus.... especially from a web page. Are you sure that didn't download an app that spams you with push notifications?

1iwilly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
if that the case and you are rooted you can download adfree from here=http://adfree.bigtincan.com/index.php install it and let it do it job

This is the first time I have ever heard of an Android device getting a virus.... especially from a web page. Are you sure that didn't download an app that spams you with push notifications?

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I would look over the apps you've installed in the past bit.

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I really haven't installed any new apps. I tried all of the methods mentioned in this thread and I still have a virus.

Every time I press the email icon to open my emails, the phone tries to automatically open chrome (my default browser) and take me to a website.

Please help

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I really haven't installed any new apps. I tried all of the methods mentioned in this thread and I still have a virus.

Every time I press the email icon to open my emails, the phone tries to automatically open chrome (my default browser) and take me to a website.

Please help

Last ditch resort is a factory reset... You've pretty much exhausted any other option if you really haven't installed an app recently.

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
After thinking about it I did install an app for my kid and a keyboard app. Do you think uninstalling these will solve the problem? Or, should I do a factory reset?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After thinking about it I did install an app for my kid and a keyboard app. Do you think uninstalling these will solve the problem? Or, should I do a factory reset?

I would uninstall the app(s) and see if that works. If not than do a factory reset and that will do the trick. An Android device getting a virus is something I have NEVER heard of.

Check this link out about Android and virus's:
Apathy or Denial? Google Claims Security Unnecessary on Android Devices, Despite Warnings | Symantec Connect

Last edited by a moderator:

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

First go to your app manager and clear data/cache for each of the apps you mentioned. Then Uninstall those apps. Then do a partition cache wipe and you should be good without doing a factory reset.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
After following the instructions for above, restart the device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would go to Chrome and clear all defaults. Seems like Chrome is set to do an action when he selects something.

Magdiel Santana

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

Please help

You must have "hangouts" this app takes control of your phone with stuff like that my mom has it and I hate it whenever I use her phone I goto phone to make a phone call and it takes me to her browser and starts loading up crazy stuff a virus would eat your battery and steal your private info I don't think a virus would open apps like a computer virus would

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
First go to your app manager and clear data/cache for each of the apps you mentioned. Then Uninstall those apps. Then do a partition cache wipe and you should be good without doing a factory reset.

What he said

Posted via the Android Central App

After following the instructions for above, restart the device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

And what he said do next that will fix it

Posted via the Android Central App

Kaaa09

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello, were you able to get rid of the virus? I'm having the same problem here and I've been trying to fix this for weeks now! I do not want to reset the factory setting (very last option if necessary) so if someone can help, that would be great. Please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance