Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to set up email alias

I have just changed over to Samsung after being a long time iPhone user. Most things I am getting used to but I can't work out how to setup an email alias in the native email app. I set up my account but the normal email address I have been using for years is an alias.

Much appreciated if anyone can help.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How to set up email alias

Which email app are you trying to use?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The native Samsung email app. Happy to use another if necessary I have Gmail app for my Google play account. But need something to send out emails using my alias not just setup a reply to .... which I can't find anyway.

I use Blue Mail, but it logs into my main Yahoo account.

You can set up the name you want to use and also alias accounts "IIRC".

It handles multiple accounts and you can choose to look at only one account at a time, or have all of them display under one combined "inbox". It shows you which account the email is from. I use the combined inbox.

* Blue Mail - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day using ART

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off=Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on=WiFi Data ON
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried the app and it didn't work unfortunately. The iPhone allows another account using the same outgoing protocols. When you write an email it asks which email you want to send from..? Any other ideas out there?
    Much appreciated

This can be a bit confusing....at least for me it was....but I did figure it out. You need to log into your gmail account....go to settings.....and then click on "accounts and import". From there you can add all your email address and make them an "alias" if you wish. You might also want to check out this link: https://support.google.com/mail/answ...hl=en&ctx=mail. This explained a lot to me and helped me figured things out.

I am using K-@ Mail as my email client on my S5 and using Thunderbird as my email client on my pc. I have 4 gmail accounts set up and I can send from any one of those 4 email's from my Thunderbird email app on my pc. I hope this give you some help.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hi thanks for that. My alias isnt t through Google. Today I was told about aqua mail and that the paid app allows the use of identities within an account it worked a treat. Thanks

I am trying to set up Blue Mail, also using my Yahoo account, but can't find how to set my alias aka "from" or "reply-to" for outgoing email. Suggestions?
    Thanks, Ted