Samsung Quick Connect quickly discharging my battery

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Is this with the newest version?
Mine never did this before. I haven't got the new update yet so I don't know how it is with the new version.

Sent From Another Galaxy

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
When you open the Quick Connect app and hit the 3 dots (properties), the option that says Always ready to connect, when you click on it, you should be able to turn it off, that's the way I "disabled it", I know it's not a Full Disable, but I've never seen it in my running apps after doing this.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is this with the newest version?
Mine never did this before. I haven't got the new update yet so I don't know how it is with the new version.

Sent From Another Galaxy

It started doing it yesterday, I just updated to the new version today
Keep in mind I NEVER have used this ever before, and its disabled in my notification bar, so I do not know what makes it kick it

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When you open the Quick Connect app and hit the 3 dots (properties), the option that says Always ready to connect, when you click on it, you should be able to turn it off, that's the way I "disabled it", I know it's not a Full Disable, but I've never seen it in my running apps after doing this.

I have never even opened Quick Connect since I got the phone, so Im not sure why its connecting. I went ahead and opened it and turned
"Always ready to connect" off so hopefully that does something

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have never even opened Quick Connect since I got the phone, so Im not sure why its connecting. I went ahead and opened it and turned
"Always ready to connect" off so hopefully that does something

Yep, that should take care of it. I would add a reboot now that you turned it off.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to know if doing this fixed your issue, is it better now?

It's actually much better! The Quick Connect is no longer there and my battery is back to normal. I find it weird because I have never opened Quick Connect ever since I got this phone. Maybe it automatically turns on if it is not used

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's actually much better! The Quick Connect is no longer there and my battery is back to normal. I find it weird because I have never opened Quick Connect ever since I got this phone. Maybe it automatically turns on if it is not used

Yep, mine did the same a cups of weeks after I got it in April, I went ahead and turned it off and haven't even looked at it since then.

KJB2042

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine just started doing it today. Battery drained from 100% to 15% in approx 4 hours! I have forced stop but it starts back up. I just used the 3-dot menu and turned Quick Connect off. Will see if that resolves the issue. Strange that this latest update turned it on. I had never turned it on our used it.

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Pull down the notification bar, then click the little window-looking icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen, just to the right of the settings gear. Quick Connect will be one of the available options onscreen.

movermike

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok, here's a question from a forum newbie: I've never used q.c., but when I attempted to do so, it required an update before it would run. However, the intrusive levels of access are (is?) making me hesitate. I looked at app in play store to see if I already approved most of them, but unlike other times when an app attempted to access more functions, this time it didn't say "app already has access to", (or worse to that effect) and lists them. How can I find out what it had. Sorry for being so long winded, promise I'll get more concise...just realized this thread is a year old! Guess it's old news...I don't know the netiquette for situations like this, so I'll wait and see what replied I get. Please don't get mad. "Newbie here"

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad