Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New S5 owner, come from iPhone

Hello everyone, ive had all iPhones-3GS/4/5. Wanted something different, so got the Galaxy S5, and so far really like it, found an app to transfer all my itunes libary to my new phone!!, Downloaded a iPhone ringtone ap, so a ringtone and message tone i like now. Ordered a 32gb Kingston MicroSD card off Best Buys site, said was reg $64.99, on sale for $15.99, so got that on the way, the night i got it, i got an Otterbox Defender case, that's what i had on all my iPhones, and I really like them alot. Really enjoying the phone so far, getting used to all the new stuff.

Here's the best part....

Went into Best Buy for some reason to get the phone where its $199, and to trade in my iPhone 5, so they take the case off, and tell me its in "Poor" condition, and the screen is all scratched up, from dust getting into the case..and say they'll give me $90. I say i think not, and leave, go across the street to Target, where they do the same, and say its in perfect shape, and give me $200+ plus the phone there is $149.99, so i end up with $37.xx left to spend. And the phone didn't cost me anything, haha!!
    Thanked by:
    Gus194 

Default Re: New S5 owner, come from iPhone

Congrats on your S5!! I recently came from the iPhone also and I couldn't be any happier. Gave my 5S to my brother
    Thanked by:
    TexasS5 likes this.

So was the phone really scratched or was the guy at Best Buy crazy?
    Moto G master race.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I dont think it was, he was just trying to rip me off. In the past i've always since ive had iphones, i've took them to Target and they've always been more than fair on a trade in price. Just figured i'd give Best Buy a try, Im sticking with Target!!

Same here, iphone user. Still trying to get used to this big phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    ladyc0524 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes, for sure gonna take some getting used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasS5 View Post
    I dont think it was, he was just trying to rip me off. In the past i've always since ive had iphones, i've took them to Target and they've always been more than fair on a trade in price. Just figured i'd give Best Buy a try, Im sticking with Target!!
    That's great! I didn't know Target did trade-ins. Is it a carrier thing? (T-mobile?)
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

We use at&t, pretty sure they do it for any carrier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Just remembered not sure if it's only our local Target but they said that they only carried prepaid tmobile. Heard them tell somebody that on the phone.

Welcome to Android. Glad you're liking your GS5. If you haven't already, download Zedge from Google Play. That's my go-to app for Ringtones & Wallpapers.

Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Awesome, thanks

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Wow, that is an awesome app, thanks for that suggestion, got any other cool apps i should know about?

Had 4s 5s switched to gs5 and loving it!!l love the screen and the so many great customizing android offers
    Thanked by:

I recommend Textra for a texting app. It is an amazing app. Super smooth, and has a great design. Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.textra
    bembol likes this.

Wow, that is an awesome app, thanks for that suggestion, got any other cool apps i should know about?
    Try: Nova launcher, Neutron music app(clarity and loud) , cal, aviary, and I agree with zedge. Welcome and enjoy.

Congrats, OP.

I love ColdfusTion's channel, he's the one that introduced me to Launchers and Customization.

This may be extreme but it will give you an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    I recommend Textra for a texting app. It is an amazing app. Super smooth, and has a great design. Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.textra
    I usually stick with stock but this is amazing, I love the simplicity of it.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Congrats, OP.

I love ColdfusTion's channel, he's the one that introduced me to Launchers and Customization.

It is my favorite texting app.

Global Posts
    1,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

I highly recommend using Dolphin Browser. It supports Flash:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.TunnyBrowser

I also recommend HiFont. You can change your system fonts:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xinmei365.font
    Current Device: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Thanks all for the app suggestions, i'll check into them all!!

Thanks I just got that app

Hello everyone, ive had all iPhones-3GS/4/5. Wanted something different, so got the Galaxy S5, and so far really like it, found an app to transfer all my itunes libary to my new phone!!, Downloaded a iPhone ringtone ap, so a ringtone and message tone i like now. Ordered a 32gb Kingston MicroSD card off Best Buys site, said was reg $64.99, on sale for $15.99, so got that on the way, the night i got it, i got an Otterbox Defender case, that's what i had on all my iPhones, and I really like them alot. Really enjoying the phone so far, getting used to all the new stuff.

Here's the best part....

Went into Best Buy for some reason to get the phone where its $199, and to trade in my iPhone 5, so they take the case off, and tell me its in "Poor" condition, and the screen is all scratched up, from dust getting into the case..and say they'll give me $90. I say i think not, and leave, go across the street to Target, where they do the same, and say its in perfect shape, and give me $200+ plus the phone there is $149.99, so i end up with $37.xx left to spend. And the phone didn't cost me anything, haha!!
    Congrats on the new phone and welcome to the android community! It is a pleasant place and an enjoyable OS. Well, I'm not a fan of Samsung, but that's my opinion and I'm not going to down it here. You say you're loving it, so that's awesome!

Yeah, Best Buy really tries to screw you over with that buy back thing. I had the same exact problem. They wanted to give me 90 bucks because it was in "poor" condition (it had a little tiny chip at the lower corner that you could barely see) and I said absolutely not. The sprint store said they'd even give me like 150 for it, and at that time I was wanting to get my current moto x. But good thing that you didn't just up and fall for Best Buys tricky ways. I'm sure a lot of people with not as much phone sense or even common sense fall to that.

Anyway, good luck with your new S5! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Congrats, OP.

no.. you came there for the woman thumbnail lol
    bembol likes this.

Which app did you use to transfer your itunes library? I too recently made the switch from iphone to S5. Guy who sold me the phone was all about google play music, but I am having some trouble getting it to work properly. Any and all help much appreciated.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I used isyncr

Welcome to the forum. I'm really enjoying the s5. There's so many options to make it your own without much effort. Enjoy! ☺

Thanked by:
    ladyc0524 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast