Square Trade Mobile Device Insurance

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I like to add.
My phone is older than 30 days. Can I still get a protection plan?

Yes, as long as you can provide proof that your phone is currently insured through your wireless carrier.

So if your past 30 days from date of purchase you MUST have insurance with your phone carrier.
I just got a s 5 and did the ATT 18 next so for 99 dollars for 2 years coverage i may get Square Trade.

Jaramie10

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I had them for insurance when I had my Nexus 5. Customer service was top notch and they did whatever it took to make me happy when my phone took a dump on me. Highly recommended!

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My favorites are SquareTrade for my random tech, and Bubble for cell phones.
ProtectYourBubble is just easier dealing w/ phone claims in comparison to SquareTrade. Don't get me wrong SquareTrade is awesome, but ProtectYourBubble (in my experience) was quicker at getting me a replacement and all that good stuff.

SquareTrade did superb in regards to my Laptop malfunctioning, monitor getting shorted out, and a few other things.
I will say, if you have a lot of things you want to insure, SquareTrade is typically the best choice as they give discounts as you add more and more. BUT keep in mind SquareTrade DOES NOT cover your phone being lost or stolen. You HAVE to return a "main portion" of the phone.

There's a nice simple comparison of phone insurance companies here: 5 of the Best Aftermarket Smartphone Insurance Plans » Gadget Review

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This looks like a good deal. The only thing that has me hesitant is that I'm on the AT&T Next plan so I'll most likely upgrade in one year once I am able to do so. The plan is for 24 months. If you get a new phone in that time, is the insurance transferable to the new device?

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
This looks like a good deal. The only thing that has me hesitant is that I'm on the AT&T Next plan so I'll most likely upgrade in one year once I am able to do so. The plan is for 24 months. If you get a new phone in that time, is the insurance transferable to the new device?

For Bubble you'll have to cancel your existing plan (no cancellation charge) and create the new plan for the new device. The charges will be the same assuming you get a similar device to your last.
For SquareTrade, they have 1yr protection plans. I'm not sure about canceling a plan, though I don't believe it's a problem nor do I believe there are cancellation fees.
I do know for BOTH if you pay for a full year or two years and cancel it early, they'll refund you the difference.

For both you have an account, so you can add/remove devices as you see fit and control them all under one account. So no worries about having multiple accounts for multiple devices.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
LOL, look at this guy. Defender of the insurance companies. LMAO

No. At the end of the day, insurance fraud means higher rates and deductibles for people who use the service legitimately. The company isn't going to eat those losses, they'll pass it on to the consumer. If anything, I'm "defending" the customer. ***.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Yes.. you just have to register the new device. I am thinking of switching to Square Trade. It's much cheaper than the insurance I have through AT&T.. especially the co-pay.