Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen on for notifications

Has anyone figured out a way to keep the Sven from turning on for notificationswhen the phone is in pocket? I know I can use a lock pattern but surely there's a way to just keep the screen off?
    Do any of the smart sensors recognize when the phone is pocketed? ?

Default Re: Screen on for notifications

Do you have the 'quick glance' option turned on? Maybe this is causing the screen to turn on? I've never had this issue with notifications, unless you have an app that makes a pop-up appear; then it does turn on with notifications.

Not quite sure what type of app Sven is, but my first thought would be to use Light Flow to disable the screen from activating when a notification is received. Just an idea
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)

Quote Originally Posted by theonlybuster View Post
    Not quite sure what type of app Sven is, but my first thought would be to use Light Flow to disable the screen from activating when a notification is received. Just an idea
    I think that was a typo Sven=Screen

But the light flow suggestion is also valid. Sure, you're using a 3rd party app, but you get greater control over your notifications.