Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I Use PIN *and* Fingerprint Reader?

I want to be able to use either the fingerprint reader or my PIN to unlock my phone. Does anybody know of a way to enable this? The lock screen settings seem to only allow one at a time.

To clarify, I don't want to use both every time; I want to be able to use one or the other, depending on if I have only one hand free or two. I can almost never get the fingerprint reader to read my thumb sideways.

Default Re: Can I Use PIN *and* Fingerprint Reader?

I don't think you can... I believe you can, however, set a password for those times when your fingerprint cannot be read or your finger is not available. You should be able to enter that instead.

Default Re: Can I Use PIN *and* Fingerprint Reader?

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I want to be able to use either the fingerprint reader or my PIN to unlock my phone. Does anybody know of a way to enable this? The lock screen settings seem to only allow one at a time.

To clarify, I don't want to use both every time; I want to be able to use one or the other, depending on if I have only one hand free or two. I can almost never get the fingerprint reader to read my thumb sideways.
    Go to Playstore and get CLocker trial, it will let you use some of the great and unique Locker features, I rarely pay for apps and I use this trial for about an hour and went and bought the full version immediately. It's a great app and on the S5 where Samsung blocked the Lockscreen shortcuts and widgets and just let us use theirs basic one, this is a great add.

I'm currently using the fingerprint with the pin as backup, so if I can't use the finger print by any reason, and it happens a lot more that I could think of, then I use the pin.