How do I sync my S5 calendar to Outlook?

mankow5

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I can add an event to my Outlook calendar on the computer and it will sync to my calendar on my Galaxy S5 but when I add an event on my phone it does not sync with the desktop calendar. Is there a setting I'm missing to fix this?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I can add an event to my Outlook calendar on the computer and it will sync to my calendar on my Galaxy S5 but when I add an event on my phone it does not sync with the desktop calendar. Is there a setting I'm missing to fix this?

I just tested this on mine and it worked fine. When you create the event are you making sure that in the new event window that you are selecting your Outlook calendar for the event and it's not defaulting to your local calendar? Also, when I just tested mine, after saving the new event I hit the three dot overflow menu button on the calendar and forced a sync, the new event showed up almost immediately on my desktop calendar in Outlook. I'm on MS Exchange 2010 if it makes any difference.

Biac1982

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I have found the best means of synchronizing Outlook with an Android phone is MyPhoneExplorer in the Play store. I synchronize Outlook 2013 (365 Home) with a Samsung Galaxy S5 and have full synchronization of Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes - all wirelessly. The application involves an app on the phone and a desktop companion. You can define sync options such as PC to Phone, Phone to PC, or bi-directional.

shelbrit

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem and have been working on this for 2 weeks. My IT can't fix it, the Verizon kiosk at Costco can't fix it and so for none of the hundreds of suggestions on this forum has worked. Are we the only 2 S5 users that possibly have bad hardware/software?????:(

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to insult your intelligence but did you look at your Google calendar on a computer to see if it's there? I occasionally forget to change new meetings to my Exchange calendar and end up creating the event in Google.

migs_inc

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been using CompanionLink for about 3 years. It is not perfect, but it's the best I've found. The latest version is far more error-free than prior versions, and their support is very responsive if you have issues. You can also sync wirelessly via the web. You need to download the free app DejaOffice. You can either use the DejaOffice calendar, contacts, notes mini-apps, etc (this is what I do) or sync these with the Samsung versions (easy but redundant, as the DejaOffice versions are just as functional).

When you start, you'll need to erase all contact, calendar and other Outlook-based data (except email) from your phone to make sure the process goes smoothly. Then you run CL, selecting the "Reread Outlook Data..." option. Then you run DejaOffice's sync on your phone, and you're ready to go. If you decide to use the Samsung calendar, contacts apps, there is a checkbox in DejaOffice to replicate with those. Lots of phone-specific instructions on the CL website, and as I mentioned, their support is very good.

BACK UP YOUR OUTLOOK DATA BEFORE SYNCING!! I did something - damned if I know what - a couple of years ago when I replaced my phone and basically duplicated every Outlook contact. Not something I recommend :D

Good luck.

cjwhetstone

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You're definitely not the only two who are having the issue. My calendar was syncing fine with my Microsoft Exchange calendar, but it's stopped. My email is still coming through, but my calendar hasn't successfully synced in over two weeks. I'm not sure what's happened, maybe my OS updated? Either way, Google calendar is syncing fine but not my work one. So frustrating.

TDSI

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been using CompanionLink for about 3 years. It is not perfect, but it's the best I've found. The latest version is far more error-free than prior versions, and their support is very responsive if you have issues. You can also sync wirelessly via the web. You need to download the free app DejaOffice. You can either use the DejaOffice calendar, contacts, notes mini-apps, etc (this is what I do) or sync these with the Samsung versions (easy but redundant, as the DejaOffice versions are just as functional).

When you start, you'll need to erase all contact, calendar and other Outlook-based data (except email) from your phone to make sure the process goes smoothly. Then you run CL, selecting the "Reread Outlook Data..." option. Then you run DejaOffice's sync on your phone, and you're ready to go. If you decide to use the Samsung calendar, contacts apps, there is a checkbox in DejaOffice to replicate with those. Lots of phone-specific instructions on the CL website, and as I mentioned, their support is very good.

BACK UP YOUR OUTLOOK DATA BEFORE SYNCING!! I did something - damned if I know what - a couple of years ago when I replaced my phone and basically duplicated every Outlook contact. Not something I recommend :D

Good luck.

Hi All. I am having anew issue since Google made some changes. I had to reload Companionlik with the new 6 version. Now when I enter a new schedule event on my Galaxy, sync, it goes to my Google Calendar fine. But when it syncs to Outlook 13, it adds a 30 minute reminder. I have checked that there is no set default reminders on the phone or in Outlook. I even upgraded from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 13 and I am still having the same issues. Does some one have a thought or fix? I have been searching for answers for 2 days now, wracking my brain to figure out why this keeps happening. Thank you. TDS

Melfunn

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I sync my calendar, contacts and notes to Outlook wirelessly, on my wifi, using Akruto. Google it. Works great.

Sent from my Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969