Spare Battery and charger for the S5

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a spare battery and charger for my S5. I'm seeing some batteries are NFC capable and some are not. I need some one to explain to me what NFC has to do with the battery and it's capabilities. I use NFC for my Isis Wallet and thats all but need to learn why it effects the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's built in so if you use it make sure you're getting the right one.

I bought (2) the Samsung Extra Battery Kits because when I comes to batteries I just don't trust eBay and also had Wireless Wave 50% off coupons.

Pro S5

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I will get the battery that has the capability and in fact will get a true Samsung replacement. What I need to know though is the technical reason for the battery needing NFC capabilities.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I will get the battery that has the capability and in fact will get a true Samsung replacement. What I need to know though is the technical reason for the battery needing NFC capabilities.

The NFC antenna is built into the battery, without it you don't have NFC capability

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The NFC antenna is built into the battery, without it you don't have NFC capability

That's what I needed to understand. Thanks for the response. It's great to have access to a forum like this. Enjoy the day.

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
This blew my mind. In South Korea every samsung comes with a spare battery and charger in the box. I bought my wife an S5 about 3 weeks ago when I was visiting and I was blown away by this. I went to the Samsung D'light store in Gangnam, Seoul, SK and paid 31 dollars for a spare battery and charger. It's been the best thing ever. I couldn't believe that every phone there comes with that in the box.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I would pay a bit extra to have that here in the states. That way you could be sure you have a quality product in hand an not some garbage sold by Amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm