LG G3 anyone try it?

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all . Just about to jump back in the android game. It is between G3 and s5. Camera is most important. After that I just want a smooth ride with no bumps in the road. Just looking for any honest thoughts. Thanks!!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, for a week, great, great phone, love the looks and feel, UI, coming from Touch wiz is very easy to get used to it as they are very similar. Great photos I even compared it directly with the S5 and it was very close and in one of those the G3 one was better.

But, I returned it after a week, I was very sad and troubled by that decision but I found myself coming back to the S5 almost every day to take it with me on my 5k runs as is IP67 certified, one you have that and get used to it is very hard to not have it. Then I just decided to pass the demo video that came with my Galaxy Tab S, the one that look so unbelievable on the Tab S, to the S5 and the G3 and wow, there I saw a huge advantage on the s5 Super Amoled screen, it looks just like in the Tab S, I tried adjusting everything on the G3 but once you are used to those 2 screens from the Tab S and te S5 is hard to use anything else, not even the Quad HD on the G3 was a match.

So when I took everything into consideration I decided to keep my S5 with that great screen, Actual wireless charging, IP67 certification and to keep the use of my Gear2 Neo (even when I sold it 2 days later), and the SydeSync with my Galaxy Tab S.

So, in a summary, if you come from any other phone, yes it's one of the 2 best phones at the moment, but if you have an s5, it's not an upgrade, something like a "side grade", so unless you don't mind paying for another flagship then it's a great buy, otherwise, you can stay with the S5 and you won't regret it.

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
In two days I will.

I will compare the two and decide which one I'll keep. I can't afford to keep both especially when I'm planning to buy the new Mac Air (Retina). :)

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I tried the G3 for two days and then returned it for the S5.

The main things I prefer on the S5 are:

Amoled screen
Better camera and photo editing software
Water resistance
Finger print scanner
Heart rate monitor, S-health and integration with gear/gear fit
Ultra Power Saving Mode
Better range and availability of accessories
I prefer touch wiz
Better after sales support (samsung experience srores)
I also prefer the look and feel of the S5

To me the G3 felt at best like a side step from my note 3 and in some aspects it was worse. The S5 feels more of an upgrade in terms of the camera, improved S-health, screen, water resistance, finger print scanner, new touch wiz, availability of device colours etc.

Posted from my S5

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I returned my G3 and might get the S5 in a day or two. I'm sure the battery will be better than the G3.

Posted via Android Central App

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I tried the G3 for two days and then returned it for the S5.

The main things I prefer on the S5 are:

Amoled screen
Better camera and photo editing software
Water resistance
Finger print scanner
Heart rate monitor, S-health and integration with gear/gear fit
Ultra Power Saving Mode
Better range and availability of accessories
I prefer touch wiz
Better after sales support (samsung experience srores)
I also prefer the look and feel of the S5

To me the G3 felt at best like a side step from my note 3 and in some aspects it was worse. The S5 feels more of an upgrade in terms of the camera, improved S-health, screen, water resistance, finger print scanner, new touch wiz, availability of device colours etc.

Posted from my S5
Was the camera a lot better than the G3? Even indoors?