Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pictures On SD Card Not In Gallery

First if this has been discussed or talked about elsewhere I am sorry. I spent over an hour trying to type in various key words to see if it had already been discussed.

I recently switched from a SG3 to the SG5. When I did I up graded my SD card from a smaller 16g to a 64g Sandisk and added the Sandisk Memory Zone app as well. I transferred all of my music, pictures and videos over to the new SD card and installed on my new phone.

The problem now is I cannot see anything using the stock apps on the phone. Example, when I open gallery I do not see all the pictures I have on the SD card but can open the card and see them. Can I not see these without having to copy everything back over to my phones internal memory?

Default Re: Pictures On SD Card Not In Gallery

How do you have the folders formatted on the SD card? Do you have a "camera" folder and a "music" folder or did you just dump the pictures on the SD card and not put them in a folder? I think they need to be in folders. You can see the pictures if you go into your file manager on the phone and look at the SD card then? I assume the SD card is mounted correctly and is showing as such?

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

Default Re: Pictures On SD Card Not In Gallery

1. make sure to have the pictures inside of a folder. it wont' recognize them if they are on the root of the SD card.

2. if #1 doesn't work, remove all personal data from SD card, format the SD card using the phone "storage" settings and then move it back onto the SD card and place inside of a folder that you create for pics.

3. profit.