new Galaxy S5 software up date today.???

1iwilly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
woke up this morning phone says new software up date.?? i check and it is dated 7-19-2014 new version=G00TUVU1BNG3 OS-VERSION 4.4.2
it says performance improvement.??

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
woke up this morning phone says new software up date.?? i check and it is dated 7-19-2014 new version=G00TUVU1BNG3 OS-VERSION 4.4.2
it says performance improvement.??

What carrier do you have? 4.4.2 has been out for a while on with some carriers.

medknight

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Just got it today too. 38.60 mb update. The international s5 got a 100+mb update a week ago, so i'm assuming this is optimized for the carriers in the US perhaps? The description just says "improved performance". Seems the same so far, although the recent apps button seems to be a half-second faster (or is this just hopeful imagination?)

Anyone else with the update notice differences?

1iwilly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
ok i just did the up date with mobile odin pro and after reboot i still have towel root working so that is a good thing now to see what is this performace up grade.oh when you do the up date you will need to run su to update binary again.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
i'm with t-mobile i know the os 4.4.2 has been out for a while but i posted it to show that os hasn't change
Gotcha. I didn't realize that there could be an update without version number changing. I'm on AT&T and I checked right after I saw this thread and I don't have an update today. :(

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm running ART so I learned that I needed to download Kies to update, so I did but I'm getting a message saying I need at least 100MB space available and it disconnects?

I have 7GB available, since I'm using my 64GB Kingston UHS-I microSD.

I tried it twice. Thanks.

Erich Feichtinger

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I got one too (tmo) can't find a Damn thing about it... Volte was a couple weeks ago for me as well. Maybe it is a battery related thing. I've noticed decrease is battery length after volte update...

Posted via Android Central App

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got it today too. 38.60 mb update. The international s5 got a 100+mb update a week ago, so i'm assuming this is optimized for the carriers in the US perhaps? The description just says "improved performance". Seems the same so far, although the recent apps button seems to be a half-second faster (or is this just hopeful imagination?)

Anyone else with the update notice differences?

interesting.. i'm on tmobile too but i got this update wayyy before you guys. like 2 weeks ago. why is that?

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Also got this today... Only thing I have noticed is a new battery icon on the top left of screen while in power saving mode. Too early to tell if there are any changes to battery life.

medknight

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
interesting.. i'm on tmobile too but i got this update wayyy before you guys. like 2 weeks ago. why is that?

Weird. Maybe you're thinking about the VoLTE update? I got an update for that about 2 weeks ago too. This is a separate update that I just received this morning

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a favor to ask. Can some one with the Verizon update and some one with the T-Mobile update run the BlueBox Security Scanner and let me know if the patch to fix the "Fake ID" issue was included in the update. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a favor to ask. Can some one with the Verizon update and some one with the T-Mobile update run the BlueBox Security Scanner and let me know if the patch to fix the "Fake ID" issue was included in the update. Thanks in advance.

Here is a screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-31-22-50-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-31-22-50-57.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 68