Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to restore Google widget on Galaxy S5?

I removed a default Google widget that came on my galaxy s5 that was on the home screen to make room for another app now I can't find it. How do I get it back?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Best Answer

Go into your settings--apps
    Then swipe all the way to disabled. And re-enable the Google apps if they are disabled. Normally when you remove a widget from the widget screen that was a pre installed widget, it disables the apps

Default re: How to restore Google widget on Galaxy S5?

Well, First check if you have disabled it. If you have, enable it. If not, then check to make sure the app associated with with the widget is disable/uninstalled. If it is, enable/reinstall it. If none of these work, and you just are annoyed by one missing widget, factory reset your phone

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks this Google widget had youtube, email and others in it maybe 6 all together i can't find it under widgets or anywhere.If I factory reset my phone I must re install all apps that weren't pre installed correct.

Go into your settings--apps
    Then swipe all the way to disabled. And re-enable the Google apps if they are disabled. Normally when you remove a widget from the widget screen that was a pre installed widget, it disables the apps

Angry re: How to restore Google widget on Galaxy S5?

I've just got same problem on One Plus One (with CM11S)... I've factory resetted the phone as well but still can't find Youtube widget... Highly annoying... Any help would be much appreciated...

I too noticed the Youtube widget disappeared from my home screen and the widgets menu. The application works fine--just no cool widget anymore to rotate through my latest channels.

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: How to restore Google widget on Galaxy S5?

Apparently Google removed it because no one used it!

I loved having it there as it let me know when my subscribed channels had put out a new video.

Posted from my S5
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.