Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Another thread, this about charging,

With the S5 and it's ability to charge so fast, is it safe for the battery to leave it charging all night?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Default Re: Another thread, this about charging,

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    With the S5 and it's ability to charge so fast, is it safe for the battery to leave it charging all night?

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes... Maybe unnecessary, but yes.

These devices have circuitry to not over charge. But if you CAN, you should complete the charge and then top off the next morning before you go out.

So if it finishes before going to bed and I know i have time in the morning, that is how I go about it.

There are many good articles about lithium ion batteries and charging practices on the net.

R

Yes it is safe.

I have the Qi charger installed and plop it on the charger and forget it.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' for $18.99 and includes the Charger Pad
    When I leave the house off it comes and away I go with 100% comfort. Battery and me.

More battery talk.

From USA TODAY

Stanford breakthrough could triple battery life

Annoyed by how often your cellphone needs recharging? Stanford researchers say they've made a major step toward the "holy grail" of energy storage — a pure lithium battery. A team that includes former Energy secretary Steven Chu says it's building a lithium anode battery that might give electric vehicles a 300-mile driving range and triple a cellphone's juice. Stanford professor Yi Cui says it will likely take three to five years, though, to bring the product to market. Their work is partly of an intensifying push to build a better battery — not only for portable electronics but also for storing solar and wind power for times when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow. Universities, start-ups and major companies are working with new materials, such as vanadium, or tweaking the lithium-ion battery that Sony introduced more than 20 years ago.

Stanford breakthrough might triple battery life

Get USA TODAY on your mobile device:
    USATODAY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    AKFL3TCH3R likes this.