Has Touchwiz changed much from the S3?

ZombieBreath

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Originally I was going to upgrade my S3 to a LG G3, however between hearing all the issues, and having been more impressed by the S5's screen than the G3's when I compared the 2 today I am now considering going with the S5.

However I'm not a huge fan of Touchwiz , and am currently running vanilla android on my S3. Now I realise that its only a matter of time before a vanilla ROM comes out for the S5 but until then I would be stuck using Touchwiz, so I would like to know if it has gotten any better in the last couple of years?

Posted via Android Central App

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

This my first Android phone. I came from a Blackberry. So I can't answer your question......but I like the TouchWiz......but.....there are some launchers out there to use instead of TouchWiz. From what I have read on this forum.....Nova Launcher is a good one. Another one mentioned is Apex Launcher. Both are found in the Google Play Store. I'm going to try Nova Launcher soon.

You can check them out and decide for yourself. :) I really love this S5 of mine!! :D

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz has improved greatly since the s3. I switched from an s3 to s5 and I love it a lot more. You can disable most of the bloatware, touchwiz has been toned down into something nice. I enjoy it!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It has improved a lot. Especially in terms of performance. You can always use Nova Launcher to get rid of the TouchWiz look and feel on your home screen and app drawer.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Originally I was going to upgrade my S3 to a LG G3, however between hearing all the issues, and having been more impressed by the S5's screen than the G3's when I compared the 2 today I am now considering going with the S5.

However I'm not a huge fan of Touchwiz , and am currently running vanilla android on my S3. Now I realise that its only a matter of time before a vanilla ROM comes out for the S5 but until then I would be stuck using Touchwiz, so I would like to know if it has gotten any better in the last couple of years?

Touchwiz has been vastly improved in the past few years but mostly visually and not really in performance.

I really like the toggles and the camera app however hate the color scheme somewhat.

The new Snapdragon 800 series processors enable a much faster TouchWiz experience but since Samsung hasn't really improved speed, if you download too many apps and get a lot of messages you device will start to get slow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey