Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Galaxy s5 Battery Drain

Quote Originally Posted by GealB View Post
    To be honest this is simply design flaw, nothing else. I hang around with 4 guys. 3 of us bought Galaxy 5’s from some dude who supplies electronic devices. And all of us complain about the same thing - battery does not last an hour on full charge, alternatively, I plug the device to my Mac at 60% the thing drains down to zero and automatically switches off and start charging again. Original Samsung battery!! Bought a new battery, same story. It is the worst mobile device experience I’ve ever had to face. The phone stays on charge the entire office hours and only lasts and hour.

It sounds like a joke but I sunk my R6000 on this device 3 weeks ago.
    Only an hour??? lol something seriously wrong there. Oh wait "bought from some dude who supplies eletrical devices" yup that'll be why then lol.

Could someone tell me what is this on top off list...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s5 Battery Drain-1412931426889.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RStoychev View Post
    Could someone tell me what is this on top off list...
    I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I believe you can turn it off

Under your all apps page, it should be called unified daemon

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5
    HFL

1.lower ure screen brightness
    2.put on battery saving mode
    3. install Task Manager cuz one of samsung is basic.

ROM
    Mirage

I've searched all over and it seems there are plenty of people having battery drain issues but have yet to find the exact cause and solution. In my case, my phone worked perfectly for about 3 months, then the battery started to drain dramatically with no change as far as use or applications installed. Losing about 5% to 10% an hour just sitting idle. A restart will temporarily fix the issue for about a day (lately a few hours). I have done factory reset, pulled battery, drained completely and recharged. Nothing has worked. This has been ongoing for about two weeks. Since most of these discussions just seem to abruptly end without stating any solution (fix, returning phone or switching to iPhone), maybe the problem goes away by itself...?
    By the way...disabling wifi, data, lowering brightness, changing launcher, and even power saving mode (regular not ultra) did not help.
    -Galaxy S5 Sprint 4..4.2 Stock

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts

Yeah and your battery gets 65 Celsius

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
    I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Hi, I have been using Galaxy S5 for a few months now, the first 3 months, the battery life was great. Lately I can't even get through the day without recharging mid-day. Opening the battery statistic, there is this process called gpsd, and it was never shown before.
    I dug deeper into gpsd online, and it said an app maybe triggered the process.
    I have tried:
    Turning off location, uninstalling apps that recently updated that has location access.. nothing. So I did factory reset and have not installed no 3rd party apps yet, but the gpsd shown up already.
    I am getting so frustrated now, Any idea what could be the culprit?
    I can't install wakelock app since the phone had to be rooted, and in my country, rooted phone = warranty void

Ok I think I have seen what it could be if you look at the system apps and look at the non samsung system apps that are running.
    This is how networks hide there rubbish
    So when this happens the finger does not point at them

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by mklasse View Post
    Hi, I have been using Galaxy S5 for a few months now, the first 3 months, the battery life was great. Lately I can't even get through the day without recharging mid-day. Opening the battery statistic, there is this process called gpsd, and it was never shown before.
    I dug deeper into gpsd online, and it said an app maybe triggered the process.
    I have tried:
    Turning off location, uninstalling apps that recently updated that has location access.. nothing. So I did factory reset and have not installed no 3rd party apps yet, but the gpsd shown up already.
    I am getting so frustrated now, Any idea what could be the culprit?
    I can't install wakelock app since the phone had to be rooted, and in my country, rooted phone = warranty void
    Since you have done a factory reset, you don't have much on it except for Vendor bloatware.

Open the App Drawer (the block of grids, lower right corner of phone)

Uninstall/Turn OFF all of the extraneous apps not needed to make the phone work as a phone. That will be most of them.
    Long Press, drag to top and drop onto Uninstall icon.

No harm will be done, all of this can be undone by turning them back ON later.

I've had my phone since 4/11 and always leave the GPS 'on' and in High Accuracy Mode.

I also use MacroDroid to turn the internet (WiFi & Data) OFF when the screen is locked.
    When the screen is Unlocked, MD turns the internet back ON.

If my phone is idle and unused, it will literally only use about 8% battery per day, that is more than six (6) days of idle standby time with the internet turned off. The phone still receives calls and SMS, so I have lost nothing during this internet OFF time.

The phone is never warm to the touch. The only time it ever gets a little warm is when laying on the Qi wireless charger pad.... but, after about 4 hours, the phone is fully charged and cools down again.

As I suggested, turn off all apps you don't need, test to see if your phone works normally at that point.
    Also, manually turn off the WiFi and Data feature, and watch the phone in idle mode. I suggest that this will stop your battery drain problem.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    Since you have done a factory reset, you don't have much on it except for Vendor bloatware.

Open the App Drawer (the block of grids, lower right corner of phone)

Uninstall/Turn OFF all of the extraneous apps not needed to make the phone work as a phone. That will be most of them.
    Long Press, drag to top and drop onto Uninstall icon.

No harm will be done, all of this can be undone by turning them back ON later.

I've had my phone since 4/11 and always leave the GPS 'on' and in High Accuracy Mode.

I also use MacroDroid to turn the internet (WiFi & Data) OFF when the screen is locked.
    When the screen is Unlocked, MD turns the internet back ON.

If my phone is idle and unused, it will literally only use about 8% battery per day, that is more than six (6) days of idle standby time with the internet turned off. The phone still receives calls and SMS, so I have lost nothing during this internet OFF time.

The phone is never warm to the touch. The only time it ever gets a little warm is when laying on the Qi wireless charger pad.... but, after about 4 hours, the phone is fully charged and cools down again.

As I suggested, turn off all apps you don't need, test to see if your phone works normally at that point.
    Also, manually turn off the WiFi and Data feature, and watch the phone in idle mode. I suggest that this will stop your battery drain problem.
    I did everything with no avail.. and it turned out my network provider (Indosat) that has caused the gpsd problem.. it was weird as I have used the same provider since the day I bought my galaxy S5. It only caused problem now, approx.3 months after the purchase. The problem only occurred if I activate mobile data. If I deactivated mobile data and restart the phone, the problem dissapeared. Once I activate mobile data (even on wifi), gpsd instantly re-appeared, and the phone will never get into deep sleep mode.
    I have bought a couple of pre-paid sim from different providers, and found no problem on gpsd drain. My mom is also using Indosat, so I have also tried using her sim, just in case my sim card is defective, and gpsd problem instantly re-appeared. So I am guess it wasn't because of defective sim card.
    I have tried asking local forums for those who are using Galaxy S5 on Indosat network, and so far only 5 people has responded, and 3 of them has gpsd issue, while the other 2 is fine. Weird. My cousin is also on Indosat but her phone is Lenovo K900, she did not have gpsd issue.
    I have tried contacting Indosat by phone and e-mail, no solution is given until now, they did not even reply my e-mail.
    Anyway, I have switched provider now, and gpsd problem never resurfaced ever since, and my battery life is great now.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234