My S5 came with a plastic protector for the back??

jlagan2

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey I tried searching but the search parameters are too broad to yield results. I was going through my S5's box and just found this clear plastic protector stuck to the underside of where the phone was sitting in the box. It has cutouts to match the back and instructions to apply to the battery door (instructions are very vague)? Makes no sense to me and there is no mention of it or a clear sense or indication of what it is anywhere in the box... Does anyone know of what I am talking about?

20140802_230944.jpg

Last edited:

jlagan2

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I just watched an unboxing and can see that this is supposed to be stuck to the back of my device when coming out of the box, so it looks like my phone was handled and opened prior to my receiving it...

I still can't figure out why this thing has tabs and perforations, as well as 2 separate plastic skins... Does any of this need to be applied anywhere for the IP certification?

iphone5s

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It looks to me anyway, that is just a warning label to the end customer. I certainly don't have any barrier between the back of the phone and the phone chassis. Just snap on the back and you're good to go.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
It's just one of those temporary plastic protectors that all new electronics have on them for transit. You don't need to save it or anything, you're just supposed to throw it out.

Charity Wahlers

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey I tried searching but the search parameters are too broad to yield results. I was going through my S5's box and just found this clear plastic protector stuck to the underside of where the phone was sitting in the box. It has cutouts to match the back and instructions to apply to the battery door (instructions are very vague)? Makes no sense to me and there is no mention of it or a clear sense or indication of what it is anywhere in the box... Does anyone know of what I am talking about?

View attachment 130431

Charity Wahlers

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
So glad I found this feed you started.
My guess is it goes between the back cover and the phone. I managed to get it on but the cover won't close until you have picked of the perforated edging. I believe it adds to the "water resistant" qualities.

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
It is an "instruction" sheet, showing you how to put the back cover on. Do not place between the back cover and the phone. The back cover has a gasket to prevent water intrusion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc