Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My S5 came with a plastic protector for the back??

Hey I tried searching but the search parameters are too broad to yield results. I was going through my S5's box and just found this clear plastic protector stuck to the underside of where the phone was sitting in the box. It has cutouts to match the back and instructions to apply to the battery door (instructions are very vague)? Makes no sense to me and there is no mention of it or a clear sense or indication of what it is anywhere in the box... Does anyone know of what I am talking about?

My S5 came with a plastic protector for the back??-20140802_230944.jpg
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: My S5 came with a plastic protector for the back??

Well I just watched an unboxing and can see that this is supposed to be stuck to the back of my device when coming out of the box, so it looks like my phone was handled and opened prior to my receiving it...

I still can't figure out why this thing has tabs and perforations, as well as 2 separate plastic skins... Does any of this need to be applied anywhere for the IP certification?

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

It looks to me anyway, that is just a warning label to the end customer. I certainly don't have any barrier between the back of the phone and the phone chassis. Just snap on the back and you're good to go.

Interesting, I didn't have this on my phone. I bought mines brand new.

It's just one of those temporary plastic protectors that all new electronics have on them for transit. You don't need to save it or anything, you're just supposed to throw it out.