Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Questions for someone who wants to root.

I'm going to root my phone, I'm not going to flash any ROMS I'm only going to download root apps, is there a good chance my device will be bricked of I don't flash ROMS?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Questions for someone who wants to root.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyJamStudios View Post
    I'm going to root my phone, I'm not going to flash any ROMS I'm only going to download root apps, is there a good chance my device will be bricked of I don't flash ROMS?

Posted via Android Central App
    I wouldn't say a good chance. There's always a risk when you root and rom (or just root) but I wouldn't worry to much if you familiarize yourself with flashing stock, recovery etc etc.
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

I assume you have never rooted before, right?

You do not have to flash custom ROMS to get the most out of your root, and it doesn't increase your chances of bricking your phone anymore than flashing a custom ROM does. As a matter of fact, rooting doesn't even allow you to do that. You have to unlock your boot loader in order to flash a ROM, and most ROMs you flash will be rooted out of the box. But that is another subject entirely.

The likelyhood of bricking your phone to the point that you cannot recover it is very low. As long as your phone will boot to recovery you can always go back and restore the phone to factory default. Are there exceptions? Sure. Just pay attention to all the steps for your specific model phone and you'll be fine.