Galaxy S5 video camera drops frames all the time.

jakatak4

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S5 has constant issues with stutters and dropped frames and then your audio is out of sync. Can someone explain why? I hate having to align the audio up on every video clip. it happens all the time. Drives me nuts!!! I shoot a whole YT channel on this thing and it's just a mess.

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
To watch videos I prefer downloading MX player for better experience
Some live video lag or slutters because of servers
Posted via Android Central App

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I had that issue once - it is a performance issue during the recording and not a playback issue. Are you on ART or in any kind of power saving mode? Do you have a bunch of apps running in the background? Have you applied the most recent system updates? Are you doing 1080p or UHD recording? I have found that ART causes a lot of stutters and other problems in the camera, and you may need to maximize the performance of your phone (not use any power saving mode and limit the apps that are running) for smooth performance in the video app; UHD may have some stutters no matter what.

My Galaxy S5 has constant issues with stutters and dropped frames and then your audio is out of sync. Can someone explain why? I hate having to align the audio up on every video clip. it happens all the time. Drives me nuts!!! I shoot a whole YT channel on this thing and it's just a mess.

jakatak4

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the phone as it was bought. I haven't check about ART

I thought about turning on Airplane mode when filming. I am running tons of stuff in the background. I get about 100 msgs a day on my phone.

filming in 1080p. My youtube channel isn't set up for 4k and it's just harder to work with those big files anyway.

No power save mode. I will try all your suggestions. Where do I check to see if ART is on or off?
I will film in airplane mode. Turn off all apps. I don't use power save EVER. I will let you know how the next video is. My channel on youtube is "Jack on the Go" and the S5 usually works good. some days better than others. This last video I had lots of lost frames and audio sync problems because frames were dropped. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool