Go Launcher

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
In the past 2-days my phone has frozen twice. Pulled it out of my pocket, the home screen lit up, and then nothing...there was 0 response from the buttons and/or the touch screen. I literally had to pull the battery out to get it to reboot....has anyone ever encountered a problem like this with Go Launcher?

I'm pretty new to tweaking androids and just trying to figure out what's causing the problem. The only other clue I have is whatever it is, it's putting a significant drain on my battery while it's "locked up"...roughly a 50-60% battery drain over 8 hours.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The locking may be due to GO and Samsung's version of the OS are pulling too much RAM. Have you tried another launcher?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
In the past 2-days my phone has frozen twice. Pulled it out of my pocket, the home screen lit up, and then nothing...there was 0 response from the buttons and/or the touch screen. I literally had to pull the battery out to get it to reboot....has anyone ever encountered a problem like this with Go Launcher?

I'm pretty new to tweaking androids and just trying to figure out what's causing the problem. The only other clue I have is whatever it is, it's putting a significant drain on my battery while it's "locked up"...roughly a 50-60% battery drain over 8 hours.

I recommend very highly you try Nova Launcher. It's a very stable launcher with a lot of customization options.

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
I need step-by-step instructions if I'm going to change launchers and themes...My current setup is based entirely on the instructions provided in this video

pingmkv

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Go Launcher used to be good pre-Android 4.0 times. May not play well in Android 4.4...... But if you want to use Go Launcher or whatever other launcher as the default it's preferable to stop the built-in Touchwiz Launcher and other installed launchers so they don't run concurrently and take up memory.

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I used to use Go launcher, I was a big fan. But their customer support is utterly dreadful. Stopped using it and anything associated with them. I now use Apex. It is highly customizable.