Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default To peal, or not peal?

I just flipped my phone over and for the first time I realized there's a clear "sticker" (I think) that's covering the camera glass. I think I'll leave it alone for now because I'm very happy with the camera. But has anyone removed it and noticed a deference?

Default Re: To peal, or not peal?

Looks like there's a cutout (circle) around the lens. Looks like it's supposed to stay there. Maybe it's part of the water resistance?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman559 View Post
    I just flipped my phone over and for the first time I realized there's a clear "sticker" (I think) that's covering the camera glass. I think I'll leave it alone for now because I'm very happy with the camera. But has anyone removed it and noticed a deference?
    That should be removed, with time it can get scratches and dirt and besides looking ugly I've read that some people gets affected by reflective light while taking the pictures. It's just part of the protective plastic that comes all around the phone.

Best and easiest way to remove it is to put some trasparent tape over it, rub it a little and then peel the tape off, it will remove the plastic.
    Thanked by 2:

That should be removed
    LG-isai

Here it is I thought "Peal" was some new app.

Cool. That makes more sense than what I came up with.

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    That should be removed, with time it can get scratches and dirt and besides looking ugly I've read that some people gets affected by reflective light while taking the pictures. It's just part of the protective plastic that comes all around the phone.

Best and easiest way to remove it is to put some trasparent tape over it, rub it a little and then peel the tape off, it will remove the plastic.
    Thanks so much! I thought it was part of the lens. I noticed it was starting to peel and I was beginning to worry. You were very helpful.. thanks again.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

I'm leaving mine on as long as I can. Unless they make ones for sale then I'll buy those.